Pyranha Fusion River Tour - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-18-2015   #1

Pyranha Fusion River Tour

Anyone have or used this boat before I've been deciding for months now and it seems like the perfect boat for what I'm looking for. Which is a kayak able to tour on overnight trips but is able to run down Rapids good and travel flatwater

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Zach_Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The Fusion works very well for your intended purpose. I own a medium and have taken it on quite a few multiday trips, and it has plenty of space (I have got more efficient at packing).

The other boat I equally liked for touring was the Liquid Logic Stinger XP. Even more room and faster than the Fusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1447935592673.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	10702   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1447935543476.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	10703  

lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015   #3

Sweet thanks for the help and pictures are sweet now I've decided I'm definitely gonna go with the fusion small

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015   #4

Durango, Colorado
Keep in mind there's 2 versions of the Fusion: the River Tour and the C4S. The C4S is their bomber whitewater outfitting, while the River Tour is a much less beefy version of the outfitting. If you're looking at running anything over Class II, I would spend the extra $$ and go with the C4S.

Also, the small is really small for a crossover. You might consider stepping up a size if you're wanting to use it for its intended purpose:
Used Medium here:
https://www.riversports.com/rs/produ...k-River-Runner
storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015   #5

Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
As you know there is a mini cell foam bulkhead behind the seat dividing the cockpit from the cargo compartment.

We installed a drain plug up front for a customer that he uses to drain the boat if he swims. It works slick and makes draining easier.
Old 11-19-2015   #6

Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
I agree the small is very small. Consider that you will likely be carrying much more gear than your typical whitewater boat.
Old 11-19-2015   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Agreed with the comments above. I don't know your size, but I am 5'6 and around 150 lbs and went with the medium. If I were to purchase again I would have taken a closer look at the large... Also, it's worth paying extra for the better outfitting. It performs better in whitewater and is more comfortable in the flats.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015   #8

Yeah I will definitely look into a larger size I just want that small tight feel to it but I know that will be hard considering I'm looking to do overnight trips and thanks chances are I will get the better seating

Old 11-22-2015   #9

Staghorn Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Having owned/paddled a C30 Fusion, LL XP10, and currently a Jackson Rogue, for me the Rogue is the best all-rounder and way more comfortable for longer paddles. But I suggest holding out for Jackson's new Traverse which will be one killer crossover and probably starts shipping before too long.

Here's the Jackson page about it : Traverse - Jackson Kayak
I used to spend a **lot** of time in crossovers fishing lakes/reservoirs, workout paddles on same (as far as11 miles--long for a hybrid), floats up to Class III-, so have some familiarity with them. Had a very long look at the new JK Traverse prototype and its impressive. Stability of their Karma, nimbleness of their Zen. Their uber comfy UniShock adjustable foam /bulkhead/footplate that you adjust without getting out of the boat, lightish weight for easier schlepping, a couple of rod holder tracks built in, best deck storage of any crossover. Huge space for cargo, their outfitting which for me is the most comfortable of anything, including the Dagger Katana. But best of all, IMO,are the promising lines of the JK Karma for huge stability and the nimbleness of their Zen.

I've also got a lot of time in the JK Zen and Karma so figure if their good traits port over to a crossover, that's very, very interesting. The hull shape looks like they will. If I can figure my way around intermittent upper-body paralysis I'll eagerly pop for one.

Here's a pic of the prototype: Home
BCxp is offline   Reply With Quote