pyranha creek portfolio - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-07-2011   #1

Vienna, Austria (Europe)
Paddling Since: 2008
pyranha creek portfolio

Hi,

I don't get the pyranha creek portfolio - there is the Burn, the Karnali, the Everest and the Shiva. All seem to be (semi) creek boats...

I get the difference between the Burn & Karnali - the one having aggressive edges the other one smooth edges and longer hull. But how fits the Shiva and the Everest into this portfolio?

dont get it

Kehrwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011   #2

The Shiva is new new new. So not a ton of info for that one, but it looks sick and I'm going to order one. The Everest is like an XL Karnali IMO. Great for big guys and big gear. The Karnali and Burn both run the same shit, but the Karnali feels like a stable tank that can plow through anything upright and track well with speed. The Burn is more like a sportscar that can carve lines you never thought possible, but tracks crappy and doesn't hold a line as effortlessly, which it makes up for by being able to spin quickly, carve, and surf. To put it another way, you have to work harder to turn the Karnali, and you have to work harder to keep the Burn straight.

I have high hopes for the Shiva. I think it's going to be pretty money.
Old 09-07-2011   #3

Vienna, Austria (Europe)
Paddling Since: 2008
yeah, the design of the Shiva looks awesome....hope to demo a stomper soon, but will have a look at the Shiva, too, as soon as it is available
Kehrwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011   #4

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
The Everest is like an XL Karnali IMO. Great for big guys and big gear. The Karnali and Burn both run the same shit, but the Karnali feels like a stable tank that can plow through anything upright and track well with speed.
I know the Karnali is based off the Burn. Does the same go for the Everest? I definitely agree on your tank comparison...love my Karnali and can put it anywhere I can put my Bliss-Stick Mystic with some agressive edging. I do plan on replacing the Mystic with a Burn asap though!
RomanLA is offline   Reply With Quote