Playboat help - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-19-2007   #1

bangor, Maine
Paddling Since: 07
Playboat help

I am looking to buy a new (or used) playboat this fall. I am looking into the agent series, the 4 twenty, the allstar, and the project 52. What do you yakers reccomend? I'm 5' 10 1/2", weigh 170, and have a size 10 1/2-11 shoe. I want something that will fit my style of surfing a wave/playing in a hole. Give me some help PLEASE!!

gospud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
firm believer in agent

agent all the way great boat all around little waves small holes, burly holes, double overhead waves, and its fast as shit, it carves like nobodies business, 5' 11 " and i weigh 160 with all gear and i love the agent 6.2 great volume for big tricks might have to get use to the rocker but its a sick ride, and it is a awsome boat to run rivers in, fast, very fast.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #3

Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I'm 5' 11" 175lbs. with size ten and a half shoes. I paddle the project and love it to death. It is super loose on a wave, very well balanced, and the volume distribution to go big. The boat fits me like a glove. Literally. I am packed in their. I love it, it feels custom. I took out the thigh braces to give myself more foot room. That pushed my knees further to the ouside of the boat witch brings your feet back toward you. I used the peel and stick foam that came with the boat to pad out the knees. You might have to do a little more work with this boat, but if you don't custom outfit any boat you get you have wasted your money. Take your time, and make the boat perfect. It is worth every minute you spend on it when you get it right.
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007   #4
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
ALLSTAR

I'm 5' 10' 170 and have owned the Vision 56, Project 52, and NOW (thankfully) the 2007 Allstar. The 2007 Allstar is by far the best playboat on the market.

It's a soild river runner as well as high performance playboat. I've paddled up and down the east-coast with it at some of the best summer playboating destinations. It loops huge (effortlessly), spins on a dime, and will allow you to add to your bag of tricks each and every time at the playspot. It's a stable platform, and not to mention the plastic is much more durable when compared with Dagger or ESPECIALLY Wavesport. Plus the Jackson's outfitting is the most comfortable setup I've been in. Simple, but effective.... and LIGHT!

I cracked my Project at the thighbraces. Don't waste your money, and to tell you the truth, I'd rather paddle a Kingpin than an Agent. It just isn't a comfortable boat for most people.

If you have any questions let me know! Good luck in finding the perfect boat!

-Mike
DirtyDozenCrew.BlogSpot.Com
LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
I'd second the opinion on the star series. This boat is super friendly in the hole. Much more retentive then the project is, which is really important for the late season low volume boating.
jballen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #6

Bozeman, Montana
haven't had a wavepsport or dagger boat break and i boof everyrock in the river seen jackson break crack and bend when dagger will not so don't buy this bullshit. there plastic its bomber and comes with bomber warranty.

go with project or agent both get huge air!
Old 09-19-2007   #7
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
Back at ya...

I'm a saftey boater back East... on the river all summer...6 days a week on mostly low water. I've abused my allstar in ways that a playboat should never be... and it held up... while last summer my project did not... well actually... didn't even come close.

Also, I've been boating for 3 years shorter than CasperMike... and I bet I can still throw more bigger

-Mike
Old 09-19-2007   #8

Bozeman, Montana
bigger air

lets see pics!!!!
all i gotta say
Old 09-19-2007   #9
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
I don't waste my time taking glamour shots of myself while boating... I'll just go longer and harder than you (just like your mom likes it .... this is by the way what makes the difference between a passionate boater... and a tool. Sweet airscrew by the way... looks more like a backdeck roll to me.

See ya at Fibark baby,

-Mike
Old 09-19-2007   #10

Bozeman, Montana
yeah i see that blogspot poser page of yours and your east coast crew stay in the man made water and leave the big water to the real men. and you can sure dis but lets see you even get air on the shit i can, and i don't need a boat that loops efortlessly otherwise id be doing doubles! and by the way that down river trick isn't airscrew its a kickflip! i think you are the one that needs a safety boater when you come to colo, and im not sticking around to watch the sport division at fibark ill be running lake creek