Peak UK Creek drysuit / one piece - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-14-2010   #1
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
Peak UK Creek drysuit / one piece

Peak UK Creek drysuit / one piece

Has anyone here tried/used one of these? (Either this year or last years)
I just placed an order for mine through CKS (they're checking on availability of XXL). It seemed like it never really made it to the market last year.

Everyone seems very satisfied with the company and their products (especially the Creek top). I've read a few reviews but not a lot. I was just curious if any Buzzards had any experiences with it.
Ken Driscoll- if you're reading this feel free to throw out anything that might be helpful or informative.

Anyone who's going to tell me to get the Kokatat- don't bother, I already know.

eat yer veggies
thanks,
k

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010   #2
www.bigwaterraft.com

Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
Paddling Since: 2002
I talked with Ken about them a couple weeks ago . . . They sound awesome. the zipper sounds bombproof, and it seems like they are supposed to be great. Again, this is from somebody who has never seen them, much less used one. I am buying one though, and will post when I have used it a bit.
b_liner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #3
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
Yeah I'm looking forward to that easy entry system
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010   #4

SLC, Utah
Dry suit

So I haven't used the dry suit yet, I am waiting for mine as well. I have seen them and can't wait to get it. Right now I am using the PeakUK Creek drytop and their Dry pants. So a little info first, the reason why you didn't see them in stores much last year was because they were selling so fast, I happen to know that Ken was sending his own Drysuit out for people to demo because they couldn't keep up on the orders. It is a bomber piece of gear! I have had the drytop for three season, with a lot of use, I manage a rafting company in Idaho and put 100+ days on the water a year easy. The top has been amazing, I am just now planning on replacing the neck gasket (I screwed up and left it in my car in the sun on a 115 degree idaho day and melted it). Last week I ran the lower salmon river, spent 4 days on the water and never had any problems with the drytop or pants, I stayed perfectly dry and warm. Many of the guides that work for me have all converted to PeakUK because of the durability, great fit, and quality product. I've never had to use it before, but have talked with Ken a few times and know that they stand behind their product 100% and will take care of any problems you have. I have used NRS, Kokatat, level6, and Stohlquist dry gear and can honestly say that PeakUK is right up there with Kokatat (and much better than the others), I go with PeakUK because the cut fits me better and is more comfortable to move in. If you watch any of the new Videos coming out you will see a lot of the professionals going huge in PeakUK gear, these guys could be sponsored by anyone they wanted, there is a reason they go with PeakUK, It rocks! You are starting to see more and more on the river, they are a relatively new company here in the states (even though they have been around for a long time in the UK) so give them a try, you wont be sorry!
pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #5
KDT

Telluride, Colorado
CKS just told me it's probably a mid summer back order on the XXL. Aaargh!! Creeking season is happenin' now. I need to get it soon. I waited all through last season to get one.

Anybody out there know any shops/etc. that have the XXL? If I can't get it soon I'll probably end up buying something else that I'm less interested in and I don't plan on buying another drysuit anytime soon.