Pack my Pelican 1550 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-21-2011   #1

out west, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Pack my Pelican 1550

I just came into possession of a brand new Pelican 1550 box. I may need to get the pluck foam or maybe not, but......

I really don't have a NEEDED use for it aside from maybe streamlining my existing gear.

I could pack more photography gear for it but that's more photography gear that I would have to lug around. I already have a smaller Pelican that can carry my DSLR and an extra 50MM lens and batteries.

I don't need anything for my kitchen box. I'm trying to lighten that already.

I only take fishing gear on two rivers and its designed to get wet anyway.

Then only thing I can think of is a more complete First Aid kit. I have a good basic kit that will cover most cuts and headaches and such but maybe it's time to make it more thorough.

Anyone have any ideas? Throw them all at me......

brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011   #2

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
you probably don't want to hear this but I find the cover to my eco safe toilet fits in mine fine. I use it as a sanitary way of transport, keep it from getting trashed or crushed by other gear ...
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #3

out west, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamkal View Post
you probably don't want to hear this but I find the cover to my eco safe toilet fits in mine fine. I use it as a sanitary way of transport, keep it from getting trashed or crushed by other gear ...
I have a Riverbank so not necessary. Good thought though.
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011   #4

North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Going with a more complete first aid kit sounds like a great idea. It's always nice to know you have whatever you need to take care of an injury or illness without having to rely on someone else's kit (with in reason of course!)

Go online to find some great prices if you're wanting to add items to your kit. BP Medical and Allegro Medical are good sites for that.
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote