Outside Magazine - RiverGuide - Best Adventure App - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-27-2009   #1

New York, New York
Paddling Since: 1988
Outside Magazine - RiverGuide - Best Adventure App

Outside Magazine in their Oct. 2009 issue page 26, picked RiverGuide as one of the 5 Best Adventure Apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Here's a link to the online version of the article:
The Best Adventure iPhone Apps | Outside Online

To celebrate I have requested free coupons for the app from Apple and have 5 more to give out, on a first come, first serve basis.

The RiverMaps update was released today on iTunes and is a free update to all existing owners of the app.
RiverGuide Maps- Allow you to zoom in (double tap one finger) and zoom out (double tap two fingers) on a map to reveal river data. The river gauges are represented by the same icons we used when the river forecasting feature was added. If you tap on a gauge icon a callout will be displayed showing more details about that specific river gauge. As you zoom in on the maps more and more local river gauges are shown.

Detail River maps to all of the rivers are now available from the River Detail View. The Detail River Maps will show three modes, Standard, Satellite and Hybrid(Satellite view with streets labeled) map views, and are also zoomable and scrollable.

Pictures and descriptions of the App can be found on the support website.

RiverGuideForKayakers

RiverGuideForKayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009   #2
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I am now using this app.... it works well. If you have an iphone or ipod touch, it is worth it, i can check flows on my way to math class in the morning so i can decide whether or not i will skip class and go kayaking instead. Nice work
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #3

New York, New York
Free Coupons...

If you'd like one of the free promo coupons for RiverGuide send an email to [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred norquist View Post
I am now using this app.... it works well. If you have an iphone or ipod touch, it is worth it, i can check flows on my way to math class in the morning so i can decide whether or not i will skip class and go kayaking instead. Nice work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009   #4

New York, New York
Two Promo Coupons Left.

There are 2 promo coupons left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverGuideForKayakers View Post
Outside Magazine in their Oct. 2009 issue page 26, picked RiverGuide as one of the 5 Best Adventure Apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Here's a link to the online version of the article:
The Best Adventure iPhone Apps | Outside Online

To celebrate I have requested free coupons for the app from Apple and have 5 more to give out, on a first come, first serve basis.

The RiverMaps update was released today on iTunes and is a free update to all existing owners of the app.
RiverGuide Maps- Allow you to zoom in (double tap one finger) and zoom out (double tap two fingers) on a map to reveal river data. The river gauges are represented by the same icons we used when the river forecasting feature was added. If you tap on a gauge icon a callout will be displayed showing more details about that specific river gauge. As you zoom in on the maps more and more local river gauges are shown.

Detail River maps to all of the rivers are now available from the River Detail View. The Detail River Maps will show three modes, Standard, Satellite and Hybrid(Satellite view with streets labeled) map views, and are also zoomable and scrollable.

Pictures and descriptions of the App can be found on the support website.

RiverGuideForKayakers
Old 11-01-2009   #5

TOUCHDOWN, Mississippi
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverGuideForKayakers View Post
There are 2 promo coupons left.
I'd use it if you still have one available..
-JB
OleMissBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #6

New York, New York
Promo Coupon

JB,
Send me an email to [email protected], and I'll send it right out.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissBoater View Post
I'd use it if you still have one available..
-JB