??? nookie zone ??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-11-2011   #1

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Paddling Since: 09
??? nookie zone ???

wondering if this would be a good investment... is it really a completely dry latex free top? quality? gasket life etc...

renkenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011   #2

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
i have read mixed reviews about this dry top/ company anyone with any insight please help me out... thanks
Old 02-11-2011   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
the Nookie Zone?

Here is a link to the Nookie Zone, check out the short video description also.

Nookie Zone Shell

I too would appreciate any personal first-hand reviews. Looks and sounds good, but you kinda never know.

Thanks, Lenny.
GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011   #4

The Bitterroot, Montana
Anything without latex gaskets is not as dry as somthing with latex gaskets. Period.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #5
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
For dry gear a good investment comes with a company that will stand behind their gear and service it. If you are just asking it if it will work, thats different. With such a new company I would be concerned if they will be around in 5 years to do work. I'm sure it's also hard to find others who have experience with their customer service.

Neoprene gaskets have been around, and they will not keep you totally dry, but they do work to a degree. If you have an allergy it's really your only option.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
thanks...but

Good posts, for general information, but I was asking for first-hand information, ie - information from boaters that have actually used the Nookie Zone Shell.

Anyone out there actually use a Nookie Zone Shell and would care to post a quick review?

Thanks, Lenny.
GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #7

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
The only first-hand experience with a neoprene gasket I have, is with the neck-gasket on my Bpod. It's probably different, but I must say, it has kept me very dry. I even did a bath-tub test when I first got it; I plugged the holes with tuppleware, and submerged it; it came out completely dry on the inside.

There's only so much a company can do for you. For routine maintenance, like re-proofing your suit, you can easily do it yourself faster, and possibly cheaper. For gasket replacement and the like, you can always take it to a local shop for repair.

Not sure if I'll be able to replace the neck-gasket easily when the time comes. Not sure how long it'll last, but if worst comes to worst, I could always get a rubber neck-gasket for it. I will say, I have had no leaks. So if the neoprene gasket is done right on the Nookie Zone, it will work just as well as a latex one.
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #8

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
from what ive heard the customer service is awesome... gaskets are about the same as latax to replace... ive just heard good things and bad things as far as the stitching on the gaskest....
Old 02-11-2011   #9

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
by the way thanks kendrick
Old 02-12-2011   #10

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
I picked up a Nookie Airhead top last summer. It's similar to the Zone and also has a one piece neoprene neck gasket. The cut/fit of the jacket is great but the neck is the weak spot for leakage. The same is true of the other semi-dry tops with neoprene necks that I've used the last many years (IR, Stohlquist, etc). A neoprene neck gasket will never be as dry as a latex gasket. Neoprene necks also tend to stretch out use. Something else to be aware of is the size of the neck gasket in relation to the size of the jacket. I bought an XXL IR Comp several years back and it came with an XXL or XL neoprene neck gasket. The top fit great but the neck was too big, especially as it stretched out over the years. Next time I get an IR top it will be XXL with a L neck gasket. I've never had a problem with the neo neck gasket blowing out or tearing. When/if it's time to replace a neoprene neck gasket it's likely time to replace the jacket as a whole.

Bottom Line: For me the comfort of a neoprene neck is worth the leakage.

http://www.nookiekayaking.us/store/i...b39d640b2447ff
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote