New water resistant sealer for your gear? - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-17-2012   #1

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
New water resistant sealer for your gear?

Has anybody seen this?

That looks pretty sweet if it works as advertised! Just last week I came home after an evening involving a latino girl, 2 midgets, and 5 bottles of chocolate syrup and man was I messy. This coulda kept me clean!...

gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012   #2

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w
Has anybody seen this?

That looks pretty sweet if it works as advertised! Just last week I came home after an evening involving a latino girl, 2 midgets, and 5 bottles of chocolate syrup and man was I messy. This coulda kept me clean!...
It says on the website that it will be released for public use mid year. I look forward to seeing if it actually works.
N00B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #3

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
That is pretty cool! We can all go with cloth carry-on bags! VERY stable duffle pile!
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
forget waterproofing- I bet that would reduce a boat's drag on the water to a point that you could surf on a ripple... paddle back up stream or crush a WW race? could have a whole bunch of performance advantages for any watercraft (gas mileage on a boat?) might be a great additive to ski wax for wet snow too. hmmmmmm... gotta get me some of that.
Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #5

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm gonna spray some under the front of my boat to get a better horizontal boof! But really, this might combat that 1 annoying drop that seems 2 stay on your gopro case lense!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #6

Cedar hills, Utah
Paddling Since: 1988
That's amazing. Not nearly as amazing as 'the adventures of Gannon', but amazing nonetheless.

Have you seen anything about its durability? (Gannon, you should definitely check...). I just wouldn't want to spray it on and have it adhere, only to peel off with the coating from my raft.
Swissriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #7

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
I just wouldn't want to spray it on and have it adhere, only to peel off with the coating from my raft.[/QUOTE]
My thought too. Thats why will try it on your raft first!
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012   #8

Professional Transient, See above.
I'm curious how similar it is to your standard DWR finish on less expensive rain jackets- that stuff always wears off quickly. Also, how many coats did they put on that white sneaker? Did they soak that thing in the vat down at the warehouse, or was it a single spray from the ole can? I'd think there is a high likelihood of an excess amount having been used in the commercial (why wouldn't there be?)

May buy some to play with in a few weeks. If nothing else, may be entertainment for some evening experiments.

Makes me think of the National Lampoon's sledding scene with Chevy Chase.
st2eelpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #9

Cedar hills, Utah
Paddling Since: 1988
All this just leaves us with the question: who's going to pony up and try it first? I have an old pair of keds I'll contribute and we know Gannon has more of that Hershey's syrup he's dying to use!
Swissriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Breathability?

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote