New Alum Floor - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-17-2012   #1

spokane, Washington
Paddling Since: 1984
New Alum Floor

Got a new boat. Maravia mistral. Was just going to build another wood floor but got an opportunity to make it out of alum. This will last into the next generation. Worked with a friend, builds jet boats for his hobby, and built this floor. The bending of the frame he took to someone else and then we welded it all together. Had the angle pieces in a scrap pile to add tie down points and keep cans in place. Floor was modeled off a PRO floor. I like to have a floor and prefer ammo cans for flexibility of storage, can put anything in them and clean up great. Still need to paint the new cans. Cost me $100.

lll100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012   #2

Cottonwood, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1980
Sweet!
AZJefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #3

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Curious. What keeps the floor off the floor of the raft? Suspended by straps?

If suspended what holds the floor in place if the raft flips? Do you also anchor to drain holes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012   #4

spokane, Washington
Paddling Since: 1984
Floor is hung with 4 2ft straps from frame. Straps over the ammo cans go to oar stand frame. It holds together well. Have a PRO grand style frame in the family with similar floorboard. Unfortunately it was upset in granite on the Snake. Floor hung down a bit, prob impeded righting boat but it got done. All gear intact. This floor is also 47" wide wedged below the inside width of 45.5". Floor is tight between the tubes. Have not had wear issues with a aire boat, will see with the Maravia.
lll100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #5

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lll100
Floor is hung with 4 2ft straps from frame. Straps over the ammo cans go to oar stand frame. It holds together well. Have a PRO grand style frame in the family with similar floorboard. Unfortunately it was upset in granite on the Snake. Floor hung down a bit, prob impeded righting boat but it got done. All gear intact. This floor is also 47" wide wedged below the inside width of 45.5". Floor is tight between the tubes. Have not had wear issues with a aire boat, will see with the Maravia.
Ahh you must have run the same line i did

Just make sure your foot cant wedge in there

Should have no wear issues with the maravia unless there is interference and sharp edges