Need new pump - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-07-2012   #1

Lewistown, middle of MT
Paddling Since: 1982
Need new pump

My husband's birthday is coming up. It's a big one with a "0" in it- so I want to get him a new pump to attach to the car battery. We never launch where there's electricity. Our current one has been broken for years and requires a rock to make the switch work. Please weigh in on your reviews for 12 volt pumps. We have an NRS Otter, but will be getting a new boat next year. Not sure what we're hoping to get a used Maravia, Hyside or Sotar and in the absence of a good deal will probably get another Otter.

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012   #2

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtriverrat
My husband's birthday is coming up. It's a big one with a "0" in it- so I want to get him a new pump to attach to the car battery. We never launch where there's electricity. Our current one has been broken for years and requires a rock to make the switch work. Please weigh in on your reviews for 12 volt pumps. We have an NRS Otter, but will be getting a new boat next year. Not sure what we're hoping to get a used Maravia, Hyside or Sotar and in the absence of a good deal will probably get another Otter.
Ahh. Got the perfect pump for someone reaching that advanced age

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=42903

Otherwise there are a lot of threads if you wanna use the search feature. I use a cheapo interdynamics pump it has worked great for the past 12 years. Spend your money on a better topoff pump
Old 07-07-2012   #3

Lewistown, middle of MT
Paddling Since: 1982
I laughed until I cried. You crack me up Avatard.
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012   #4

North Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
What a nice gift. Heres a link to a thread I started a while back.
https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...mps-35453.html

I didn't end up getting a pump my NRS barrel still pumps my 16' as fast as most people with an electric and a smaller boat.
nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012   #5

Hamilton, Montana
Paddling Since: 1975
That's funny Tard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Ahh. Got the perfect pump for someone reaching that advanced age

Penis Pump

Otherwise there are a lot of threads if you wanna use the search feature. I use a cheapo interdynamics pump it has worked great for the past 12 years. Spend your money on a better topoff pump
randyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012   #6

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
I had a little red 12v pump (see other pump thread) that plugged into the cig lighter on the vehicle. It gave up this week and I picked up a Coleman pump for $17 at the store. I used it on Saturday to inflate my 10' raft. Slower than the little red pump but a lot quieter, and it has a reverse function which we used to deflate the raft later on. We topped off the raft with the barrel pump, but the Coleman saved a lot of effort.
FatmanZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012   #7

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
I've had this one for years with no problem. It's only competition seems to be the LVM which over heats a lot.

NRS Blast Inflator Pump at NRSweb.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtriverrat View Post
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote