Might've made a mistake - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-27-2014   #1

Western, Maryland
Paddling Since: 2013
Might've made a mistake

So, I recently got a new drysuit. In my excitement when I first got the package in the mail, I tried it on immediately and sat in my bathtub to test that I would not get wet. Then I tried it on with heavier clothing underneath (a bunny suit plus a fleece top).

It did not fit properly. Then I tried it without the extra fleece top. Still didn't fit properly (couldn't lean forward without it getting tight on my back and restricting my shoulders).

Am I stuck with this thing now because I tried it on in my bathtub? The tags got wet and soggy. They dried out, but they still look weird.

Thanks.

P.S. If I can't return this thing, anybody that's interested in a never used kokatat hydrus 3L meridian size M for a slightly discounted price should contact me.

LowShoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014   #2

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I am sorry to say but something about your situation is somewhat amusing. This parallels in no way to what I did when I got my new drysuit.

Good luck!
Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Try be to honest with who you purchased it from and they will probably help, we are all paddlers bro.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014   #4

Western, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade&Shaft View Post
I am sorry to say but something about your situation is somewhat amusing. This parallels in no way to what I did when I got my new drysuit.

Good luck!
Shit.
Gonna have to blame my ADD for this one. Same thing that makes paddling so tremendously enjoyable for me also makes me do stupid impulsive things!! Lmao.
Old 03-27-2014   #5

subaru, down by the river
Paddling Since: 2003
Agreed just call the place you bought it from and ask. Anytime I order something in the mail it seems to be the wrong size, I feel you pain.

haha blades&shaft, that cracked me up, it was a funny image to think about. Ice or no ice?
turtle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #6
Jared

Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Call them

I think who you bought it from will matter, but if you have a sizing issue you can most likely have it tailored to fit. I have an OS System, but I started with a Kokatat Meridian when I was younger. I had to have repairs made to boat, and both were incredibly easy to work with. My OS is over ten years old, and I just had a full re-seal done, and it once again looks like it is new. I tested it in the Clackamas a few weeks ago, I was submerged for about 100 ft and I was still dry
Old 03-28-2014   #7

Jenks, Oklahoma
Check the return policy on the website of wherever you purchased the dry suit.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #8

Western, Maryland
Phew!! I called and it didn't affect the return policy.
Old 03-28-2014   #9

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
That's hilarious.

Good luck on the fit of your 2nd drysuit--and enjoy paddling with it!!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #10

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle83 View Post
Agreed just call the place you bought it from and ask. Anytime I order something in the mail it seems to be the wrong size, I feel you pain.

haha blades&shaft, that cracked me up, it was a funny image to think about. Ice or no ice?
Man, believe it or not, I went paddling with my new drysuit! Standard pre-trip river baptism and then straight to the paddling. Funny enough, I suppose I "tested" my drysuit that day because I did go for a nice swim/minor beatdown, and... my drysuit worked! So, like I said, pretty different than sitting in my bathtub...

Glad you've resolved your fit issue with the company!
Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote