LoPro type Frame fitting - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-20-2012   #1

Senath, Missouri
Paddling Since: 1981
LoPro type Frame fitting

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a NRS LoPro type frame fitting that can be use to connect 1 1/4" inch O.D.. .120 wall thickness 6061 T-6 aircraft aluminum? The shank slides inside the tube and the saddle clamps to the outsideof the 1 1/4" tube.

ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012   #2

Wondervu, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Are you sure correct on the size of your aluminum tubing?

Here is a link for standard schedule 80 6061 T6 aluminum pipe spec's and I don't see anything that has an O.D. of 1 1/4". The LowPro fits the nominal 1 1/4" size pipe which has an O.D. of 1.66" (Note: the fit of the LowPro on the tube it was made for IS a little sloppy until you tight things up)

pipe spec's
Order Aluminum 6061 Pipe in Small Quantities at OnlineMetals.com

LowPro spec's
NRS LoPro Frame Fittings at NRSweb.com

Alum sold by NRS for LowPro, spec's
NRS Unbendable Pipe 1-5/8" Anodized at NRSweb.com
kengore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #3

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Nrs unbendable is 6061-t6 1.25" schedule 40 pipe ~1.66OD pipe. Are you looking for telescoping tubing to join two pieces of their pipe?

Unbendable means you cant put it in a bender and get smooth curves due to the temper. If you whack it hard enough (read, big rock), it will bend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012   #4

Senath, Missouri
Paddling Since: 1981
I looked at the tubing that NRS is using. It's the same as used in handrail manufacturing. The schedule 40 and schedule 80 pipe is heaver than what I am looking for in building a rack system. The tubing specs for the tubing I'm asking about comes from "Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. wwwaircraftspruce.com.
ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #5

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark
I looked at the tubing that NRS is using. It's the same as used in handrail manufacturing. The schedule 40 and schedule 80 pipe is heaver than what I am looking for in building a rack system. The tubing specs for the tubing I'm asking about comes from "Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. wwwaircraftspruce.com.
Not to get hung up on semantics etc but i think you are confusing tubing with pipe. One speced by OD and the other by ID

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but most "erector set" frames use nrs lowpro with 1-1/4 pipe or they use handrail fittings (hollaender style) with either 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 pipe. The nominal ODs are approx 1.66 and 1.9"
Old 05-21-2012   #6

Groveland, California
Hello Ozark,

I make the very thing you are looking for.

You are correct in your dimensions, and are talking about tubing, which gets a little confusing around here because most frames are made with pipe.

PM me, depending on your time frame, application and quantities needed I may be able to help you out.

Guy
HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012   #7

Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMG View Post
Hello Ozark,

I make the very thing you are looking for.

You are correct in your dimensions, and are talking about tubing, which gets a little confusing around here because most frames are made with pipe.

PM me, depending on your time frame, application and quantities needed I may be able to help you out.

Guy
Hey Guy,
Are you a member of CFS, and did you once tell me something (in an email) about the double rail fittings on my cat frame?(see pix on my profile)

Kip
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012   #8

Groveland, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
Hey Guy,
Are you a member of CFS, and did you once tell me something (in an email) about the double rail fittings on my cat frame?(see pix on my profile)

Kip
Hello Kip,Yep, that would be me.
HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote