LiquidLogic Free Ride vs Jackson Fun - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-22-2013   #1

Radville, Colorado
LiquidLogic Free Ride vs Jackson Fun

Anyone one have thoughts on how these 2 boats stack up? i'm leaning towards the LL, but wanted to get some input.

The Kooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
both are good boats I think the freeride has more play in it and LL outfitting is very comfy totally up to what kind of deal your getting good luck!
flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
Hard to go wrong in the river-play class I think. They are all great boats. LL outfitting is sweet, more size options in the fun series if you dont hit a sweet spot in the freeride.
wyosam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013   #4

Radville, Colorado
Is the general consensus that the LL is more playful? does anyone know if one is easier to roll than the Fun.
Old 09-23-2013   #5

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Freeride vs Fun

I found the Jackson outfitting to be a pain and I was never able to get it right. I really don't like it at all. Not so with the LL badass outfitting in the Freeride. So, in that alone, the Freeride was way easier for me to roll.
jones boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #6
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
What's your background? What do you hope to do in these boats? Where do you paddle?

I wouldn't look to LL for a playboat but I haven't used the free ride.
Old 09-23-2013   #7

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
when i was in the market for this type of boat, i found the pyranha varun to be better paddling that the other 2. outfitting better than jackson, but not as good as LL, imo.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #8

Jackson, Wyoming
I ended up with the Varun, too. Love it. Couldn't get the foam footblock how I wanted it, so I put happy feet in it- otherwise love the outfitting. Not sure about this year, but they could be picked up cheap last fall, (I paid 7 for a new boat)
wyosam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #9

Radville, Colorado
I'm a fort collins boater, so most of my time is spent on the poudre. I'm looking for something i can take on high water front range stuff, as well as something that can easily be re-outfitted for my girlfriend to take to the playpark (thus ruling out more difficult to outfit boats). I was completely set on a fun, but LL caught my eye. I can't find a ton of people who paddle them, but they seem overwhelmingly popular with those that do.
Old 09-23-2013   #10
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
When you ask for boat advice people will typically justify their expensive purchase to you by recommending the same thing. There's not many people who will trash talk their own boats. From what I've seen the jackson outfitting wins in the rapid conversion game. LL makes great outfitting but I don't know if that turns into a great hull design especially for play boats. The varun was mentioned a couple times and of all three in this thread it's the only one I've heard folks raving about in the past 3 years. Honestly you won't get an idea what will/won't work until you demo though.