Kokatat Dry Suit Sizing - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-02-2017   #1

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Kokatat Dry Suit Sizing

I'm in the market for a new drysuit. I'm 6'3", 180lbs, and have a 36in inseam. I was wondering if anyone my size has had luck with any of the stock sizes for Kokatat drysuits. I really don't want to buy a custom one, and would rather keep my eyes out for a used one.

kreykedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017   #2

OC, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
https://kokatat.com/product/gore-tex...y-suit-dsugmer

I bought a Kokatat Meridian last year to row the Grand Canyon. I'm 6'2", 170 pounds, 36" inseam & 32" waist, which means it is extremely difficult to find pants that fit. I ordered a large & extra large from NRS intending to keep the suit that fit the best and send the other one back. I stayed with the XL and am very happy with it. The large was gonna be too short.

It has a wide Velcro waistband that I think works with spray skirts or something (I am by no means a hard-sheller and only have a vague idea what a spray skirt is). The waistband cinches everything down so no annoying bagginess, and I have room for lots of insulation inside...

My $0.02...
OCFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Kokatat's website has detailed info about their sizing. It may take a minute to dig around and find it. But I found it to be very useful.

I am overweight with short legs and found I needed to special order one. I love it.
twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017   #4

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
You have some really long legs. According to their site, an XL only goes up to 32" inseam and nothing goes beyond 33" in the normal sizing. https://kokatat.com/product/gore-tex...y-suit-dsugmer

Thinking about it a sec, that must mean you have a short torso. You may still fit into an XLarge. Your crouch will just hang low, which is better than having a long torso.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I just bought a dry suit from Kokatat and had sizing questions. I emailed them and they were quick to answer my questions. Give them a shout and they will help you make the right decision. They do custom sizing on some of their suits.
Old 02-02-2017   #6

I would consider getting custom made or look at a different manufacturer. I am an inch taller, same inseam and a few pounds heavier. I've had several kokatat suits both xl and xxl. The xl was ok for rafting but getting into a kayak always had an annoying bind because of leg length. The xxl was better but had lots of loose material that looked and felt a little funny. I'm now in an xxl palm and never had a better drysuit fit, very athletic cut but plenty of length.
idaho_h2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #7

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
I think the Kokatat XXL will fit you but it will be a little baggy in the mid secton.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote