Kitchen pots and pans? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-14-2009   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Kitchen pots and pans?

I am looking for a set of kitchen supplies that fit fairly small. Are there such sets that fit inside each other? What do you use in your kitchen box?

Thanks,
Alex

kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Try looking into backpacking pot. They stack inside of each other, and come in many differant sizes.
youngpaddler06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #3

Christopher Creek, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1969
Stacked sets that work for a boaters kitchen are hard to find and when you do find something that MAY work, the pricey takes your breath away. One group I love to boat with uses garage sale/dollar store dishware while another group uses the spendy metal dinnerware. I guess it all depends on what on the menu.
fdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009   #4
The Russian

SLC, Utah
fdon you are right. I wanted something compact, so it all fits nice together. I don't care about nice, I'd just replace it when it gets rusty/old.
Old 10-14-2009   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Kazak,

any decent Army surplus should have a well priced cookware set up that packs well for anybody.
have used set for many years from army surplus and still strong!
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #6

Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
modify existing/available - cut off and/or replace offending handles, keep an eye out for things that will work. I found a silicone (flexible) mixing bowl in a catalogue that works good, old melita coffee filter that had an annoying handle and didn't fit well anywhere, cut the handle off and now it fits right in the coffee pot!

btw Kazak - saw your y-tube video from cat. Good job & nice flirt w/ old mossy! I was wondering what the aluminum lid in front of your cockpit was? the top of the drybox or a firepan? Is that your new boat?
Scott
oarframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #7

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1973
I go to the thrift shop and look from time to time. After a while you will find cheap pots that stack. You can modify the handles and such to make them fit better. If you want to spend money, I like the MSR cook sets.
wyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #8

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
I am looking for a set of kitchen supplies that fit fairly small. Are there such sets that fit inside each other? What do you use in your kitchen box?

Thanks,
Alex
DAV and Salvation Army stores carry a lot of good useable pots and pans, plus the money goes toward a worthy cause. I do not carry pots and pans with my style of food preperation. My grill box (kitchen box) includes the following- box of dog bones, bottle of JD, 2 coffee pots, 2 Duch ovens, 2 steel griddles, 2 fire grates, 2 Coleman stoves, aluminum foil, full length leather barbecue gloves, 2 18 inch steel tongs, 2 18 inch steel spatulas, 2 18 inch ladles, grill scraper, long handle pliers, gas lantern, a lot of spices and Crisco. This basic set-up has lasted me for many years.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #9
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarframe View Post
modify existing/available - cut off and/or replace offending handles, keep an eye out for things that will work. I found a silicone (flexible) mixing bowl in a catalogue that works good, old melita coffee filter that had an annoying handle and didn't fit well anywhere, cut the handle off and now it fits right in the coffee pot!

btw Kazak - saw your y-tube video from cat. Good job & nice flirt w/ old mossy! I was wondering what the aluminum lid in front of your cockpit was? the top of the drybox or a firepan? Is that your new boat?
Scott

Yes, it's my dry box, AAA 40 inch box. I am playing with the setup still. Can't figure out where I want what. I am sitting on Galaxy cooler right now. I kind of like that. We shall see. Thanks for the compliment. I will post the video to share with others.

Alex
Old 10-15-2009   #10
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
I like to be divers and have a little of everything. Big believer in the setup raymo has. I also have a set of nesting aluminum outfitter pots I found at a garage sale. Found some new ones online: google: nesting camp cooking

link for one I found is : HERE

The big ones are near the bottom.

I shy away from any coatings on camp pots and pans, so I'd go for steel or aluminum.