Keep the money flowing out - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-30-2011   #1

Star Valley, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2010
Keep the money flowing out

So, now that my Aire is purchased. We have our frame and oars, PFD's, a few dry bags of different sizes, a heavy duty pump, straps, several throw bags. What else goes on the list of things I need to keep the money flowing out for our new raft purchase?

I know I want a dry box for the tent, etc. I think a vest for the dog. What else?

Wygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011   #2
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
If you're packing a tent I assume you will be doing overnights. That creates an endless list of expenses. I would begin with the bigass cooler.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #3

Denver, Colorado
cooler, trailer, groover, beer, GO!
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011   #4

Star Valley, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2010
Got the trailer, need a hitch for the subaru. Need outdoor carpet for the trailer floor. I don't have a big enough cooler!

Oh, I thought just the raft and frame was expensive, let the money keep going out!
Wygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #5

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
How about you get experience before you start asking for ideas on random shit to blow money on.

Just last month you thought(assumed) you could raft in Yellowstone....and you live in(around)Jackson?? Go buy some books/guides. You got a lot to learn....
Old 04-30-2011   #6

Boise, Idaho
Either the last guy can only afford literature, or he's trying to keep the recession alive singlehandedly...or both

You will want a table/chairs and should you get drop bags, you will want a cover. I suggest plywood. Cheap and custom. Could use for floors and decks/seats. I have no dry boxes which works fine and I saved a ton of money. Water jug(s) and or filter(s), stove/grill, sleeping pads(AIRE landing pad), lots of straps and or everything bag, wetsuits/tops, drysuits/tops, varied footwear and gloves, helmet, first aid, rope(learn knots), tools, parts, accessory boxes/bags(alum, pelican, various sized custom bags to attach to boat), flip lines(making your own is cheaper), heavy duty sewing kit, ammo cans(for ash, groover, charcoal, etc), pin(z drag) kit
rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #7

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wygal
Got the trailer, need a hitch for the subaru. Need outdoor carpet for the trailer floor. I don't have a big enough cooler!

Oh, I thought just the raft and frame was expensive, let the money keep going out!
It always comes down to the cooler in this joint.
Old 04-30-2011   #8

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
I have a friend just researched they went with Uhaul for their subie and saved a lot over other places so check them out.

we usually put tents into a large drybag and in the bottom of our barney bag. So far never a wet tent ...
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #9

Denver, Colorado
You are going to need about a bazillion cam straps of varying length. Be sure to scratch your initials into the metal buckle of each one. This won't prevent all theft, but honest people can get their stuff mixed up in the hurried hubbub of a take-out, especially in the rain or a sandstorm, and marking your straps will allow you to sort 'em out.
ridecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011   #10

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Cam straps. Strapworks has some nice kits ~ $2 / strap. You can even pick colors Some sort of 10% discount if you friend them on Facebook?