Kayak Comparisons - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-25-2017   #1

Kayak Comparisons

Kayak Comparisons - We have a couple of articles comparing the latest crop of sub 9ft boats and slicey play the river kayaks.

Pyranha 9R Vs Zet FIVE Vs Dagger Phantom Vs Waka Gangsta Vs Jackson Kayak Nirvana vs Titan Rival - Unsponsored

Dagger Axiom Vs Jackson AntiX Vs Liquidlogic Braap Vs Pyranha Ripper Vs Soul Gonzo - Unsponsored

unsponsored is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017   #2

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
I was hoping to see an actual comparison of how they handle.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017   #3

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Clickbait for sure - half the specs have ? marks.

Same user posts on BT the exact same way and probably every other board to drive views to the website, kinda lame but the way of the world these days. Didnt see the username in the partners forum as to justify the advertising, great contributor
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017   #4

Sacramento, California
I've demo'ed a few boats recently, and was interested in thoughts on how Waka handles.
Old 10-25-2017   #5

student
Having done a ton of research on all of these boats, here is the summary.

(blank) is the latest and greatest in whitewater technology. It uses the most sophisticated turbo rocker on the planet. It turns on a dime, handles big water like a fish, literally makes love to mank, and boofs like a stallion on fire. All in all, I'm super impressed by the design team. This is hands down the greatest kayak I've ever paddled. With a little active paddling, I have little doubt that this boat will end world hunger at sickline this year. It will prove to be the boat of choice for myself for the next 100 years... or at least until we make another boat.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017   #6

Sacramento, California
That is why they need an unbiased person to compare the boats.

What I've learned recently:
Mamba: lots of bow edge, and no stern edge. Seems a little harder to keep a line than average, and it does not sharply turn into eddies without forcing it to.

9R: Lot's of bow rocker, little in the stern. It stays on top of holes and boofs fairly easy, but the stern will bump stuff on boofs, and it likes to turn you up stream if you are not careful. I've heard the term "whippy" to describe this kayak.

Machno: Less edgy than a Burn, and more rocker on both ends. It boofs super easy without catching anything on the stern, it holds a line well, and has a good balance of stern and bow edges. It's the easiest kayak I've paddled to date.

The Nomad (new version): It's a tank, and one of the last displacement hauls. It's harder to initiate a turn, but it's not too bad. It boofs well, and the landings are much softer than anything else I've paddled. It punches holes well. It is very tough to hold an upstream angle when ferrying.

I'm liking the Machno the most, but the Nomad would be my choice if I hucked a lot of falls.

I really want to demo the Nirvana and Waka Tune and Gansta.
Old 10-26-2017   #7

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post

(blank) is the latest and greatest in whitewater technology. .
I paddle a blank and like Paulk, I truly feel it is the absolute best. The one thing that Paulk forgot to mention is how frecking easy the blank is to roll. Its differently my take everywhere do anything boat! I just ordered my second one.
Old 10-27-2017   #8

x, x
Paddling Since: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
I paddle a blank and like Paulk, I truly feel it is the absolute best. The one thing that Paulk forgot to mention is how frecking easy the blank is to roll. Its differently my take everywhere do anything boat! I just ordered my second one.

I also paddle blank kayak and I've noticed we've been overlooking volume as well.

This boat ranges between 360L and 390L depending on what you like to hear.

How much do you weigh? 280+ pounds, yeah it's a 390L boat, but on our website we can only put 360L or no one would buy it.

Actual words.

Fuck, we are getting it from all angles these days
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017   #9

panama, panama
Paddling Since: 2015
thanks for sharing
keenan is offline   Reply With Quote