Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019   #22
Badass Family

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
New Jackson Boat Sizes

The current models of Jackson boats have sized up from previous years. As a result, a lot of people that previously paddled a large boat (or were on the fence between medium and large) now fit comfortable in a medium boat.

This is the case with the 4.0 Rockstar and the Nirvana.

Weight ranges and volume sizing might give you a good idea of which boat to try first, but always demo before you buy. Demo, demo, demo...until you find what you like best.

We are always willing to let people demo our fleet of Jackson boats. If you can attend CKS Paddlefest in BV, that is a great place to demo many different boats in one weekend.

Cheers!
kelloggshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggshow View Post
The current models of Jackson boats have sized up from previous years. As a result, a lot of people that previously paddled a large boat (or were on the fence between medium and large) now fit comfortable in a medium boat.

This is the case with the 4.0 Rockstar and the Nirvana.

Weight ranges and volume sizing might give you a good idea of which boat to try first, but always demo before you buy. Demo, demo, demo...until you find what you like best.

We are always willing to let people demo our fleet of Jackson boats. If you can attend CKS Paddlefest in BV, that is a great place to demo many different boats in one weekend.

Cheers!
I would love to. Where is BV?
Mardaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019   #24
Recreation Law

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1968
Send a message via Skype™ to Recreation_Law
why not ask your barber also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaver View Post
Iíve wanted to buy Jackson boats in the past, but I weigh 185 lbs. This seems to put me in an unenviable position. I almost always find myself at the very top end of a medium Jackson or the very bottom of a large...with regards to weight. This coming season, Iíve decided I want to paddle an Antix. Top end for medium is 190. Bottom end for Large is 180. Demoing is not possible. Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated!

ASK JACKSON KAYAKS.
Recreation_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019   #25
Recreation Law

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1968
Send a message via Skype™ to Recreation_Law
I would ask your barber too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaver View Post
Iíve wanted to buy Jackson boats in the past, but I weigh 185 lbs. This seems to put me in an unenviable position. I almost always find myself at the very top end of a medium Jackson or the very bottom of a large...with regards to weight. This coming season, Iíve decided I want to paddle an Antix. Top end for medium is 190. Bottom end for Large is 180. Demoing is not possible. Any advice/opinions would be much appreciated!

ASK JACKSON KAYAKS!
Recreation_Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019   #26

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 1990
Yep, I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Not just Jackson, and not just big and tall people! Iím a 5í8Ē 135 lb woman and Iím always right between small and medium playboats from any manufacturer. Canít fit in a small rockstar but the medium is too big.
I'm a man, also 5'8" and I weigh 125 pounds! I have a 31" inseam, and pretty much every boat I can fit in has more volume than I would like for my weight. I still paddle my ancient Dagger G-ride 6.2, because I have never found a boat that plays well that works for my height and weight. I thought I'd like the small Jitsu when I tried it when it first came out, but I didn't like its dynamics. Oh, and even with dramatically reduced paddling skills compared to a decade ago, I paddle my G-ride on fairly big water, since its volume and balance make it like a big water boat for me.
scuzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019   #27

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 1990
Yep, I hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Not just Jackson, and not just big and tall people! Iím a 5í8Ē 135 lb woman and Iím always right between small and medium playboats from any manufacturer. Canít fit in a small rockstar but the medium is too big.
I'm a man, also 5'8" and I weigh 125 pounds! I have a 31" inseam, and pretty much every boat I can fit in has more volume than I would like for my weight. I still paddle my ancient Dagger G-ride 6.2, because I have never found a boat that plays well that works for my height and weight. I thought I'd like the small Jitsu when I tried it when it first came out, but I didn't like its dynamics. Oh, and even with dramatically reduced paddling skills compared to a decade ago, I paddle my G-ride on fairly big water, since its volume and balance make it like a big water boat for me.
scuzball is offline   Reply With Quote