IK Section on Swap? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-27-2015   #1

Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
IK Section on Swap?

Why is there no section for IK's on the Swap? I recall some prior debates on whether there should be an IK section in Trip planner and the consensus seemed to be "who cares", we all look at the main board and it's fine for IK's to boat with rafts or hardshells.

However, if one is looking to buy an IK, you are not interested in a hardshell or a raft and right now, you have to sift through page after page of stuff that is N/A. Having an IK section in swap would create a quick way to see what is out there. If we have the need for a Sea kayak section in Swap (not recalling the last sea kayak post so I know they are a small minority of this website), surely there is room for an IK section in Swap.

I'm not looking to re-open the debate into broadly whether IKs should have their own section for posts - just asking about Swap.

denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Doesn't "Other Whitewater Kayaks" qualify?
Old 08-27-2015   #3

Steamboat, Colorado
There's three IKs in there for sale right now.
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015   #4

Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Fair comment, but there is also one in Rafts and one in All Around Boats. Pretty sure I've seen one in Creek Boats before as well. My point is that people aren't entirely clear where to put them and it would be nice to not have to sift through 4 different lists to find them.
denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015   #5

Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Interesting I think I usually only looked for/at them in the rafts section. I wonder how many I have missed??
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015   #6

Steamboat, Colorado
Meh. What can I say? I'm a girl. I sometimes like to shop-- especially for river gear, so I'm willing to look in all the categories. I suppose it's the equivalent of window shopping. I don't need a raft right now, I just bought one, but I'll still look... I don't need a new kayak, but maybe a friend does... I have gear stacked to the ceiling between my boyfriend and I and his three kids, but I'll still scope out the accessory section. Hell, I don't even need a job but I'll still read the help wanted ads.

Be glad this is the age of technology and you have the ability to look for sales via several different websites, rather than by word of mouth, newspaper ads, or maybe a garage sale.