Huge rip in my NRS Cat tubes - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-09-2009   #1

teacher= SUMMERS OFF, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Huge rip in my NRS Cat tubes

I was teaching a teenager how to row today and his first rock he ran into happen to have a big piece of metal fencing wrapped around it a couple of inches under the water. Damn shitty luck. Anyway, there is a four foot long rip that I was unable to fix on the water since I didn’t have enough glue or material with me. (We finished the float by lashing together the tubes from a pack cat that we had along and putting them under the cat frame).
Can I do this repair myself after I get enough material, or does a rip of this magnitude demands someone who can turn it inside out to patch it?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

tomt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009   #2

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomt36 View Post
I was teaching a teenager how to row today and his first rock he ran into happen to have a big piece of metal fencing wrapped around it a couple of inches under the water. Damn shitty luck. Anyway, there is a four foot long rip that I was unable to fix on the water since I didnít have enough glue or material with me. (We finished the float by lashing together the tubes from a pack cat that we had along and putting them under the cat frame).
Can I do this repair myself after I get enough material, or does a rip of this magnitude demands someone who can turn it inside out to patch it?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks
You will want to patch both the inside and the outside of the tear.
Old 07-09-2009   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I think its time to call in the pros for this one. If you're near Denver, Zach Baird (pm ZBaird or go to Raft Fix.com // High Tech Inflatable Raft Repair) should be back from the Middle Fork next week, and he can do a professional job on the repair. Also there's John Sells at Inflatable Technologies who does excellent work, Downriver Equipment has a repair program too.

Good luck with it,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote