Help setting up a Liquid Logic Airhead - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-25-2015   #1

Cave Creek, Arizona
Help setting up a Liquid Logic Airhead

Bought this on the cheap the other day. It is an old boat and all the padding is starting to peal up and needs to be replaced. Is the padding universal to where I can use the stuff NRS sells?

Does the seat slide back and forth? I loosened the two screws on the side (not taking them all the way out) like I have seen in vids of newer boats, but I couldn't get it to slide.

Final question for now, how is the instafit foot bag suppose to be positioned in the bow?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find much info outfitting this old boat in my search.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0871.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	10561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0872.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	1,005.9 KB
ID:	10562  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	978.2 KB
ID:	10563  

InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015   #2

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Bought this on the cheap the other day. It is an old boat and all the padding is starting to peal up and needs to be replaced. Is the padding universal to where I can use the stuff NRS sells?

Yes you can buy seat pads and such and NRS or Kayakoutfitting.com or just buy contact cement at home depot

Does the seat slide back and forth? I loosened the two screws on the side (not taking them all the way out) like I have seen in vids of newer boats, but I couldn't get it to slide.

Yes the seat slides about 1 1/2". You can reach around a feel the wing nut screw and remove it completely if you want. But loosen up the screws and move the seat as far forward as you can.

Final question for now, how is the instafit foot bag suppose to be positioned in the bow?

Good question. IDK. I usually carve and closecell foam block and just cram it in there.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find much info outfitting this old boat in my search.

I like that boat, I boated a PR for years. Its bouncy and you'll need to keep a good rutter in on the surf. Great boat!

PS, the seat looks moved all the way forward in the picture and the seat foam looks awesome. I'd just get contact cement and glue the ends back down.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015   #3

Teacher
When you loosen the seat screws tap them down to push the teeth out from the underside of the plastic. there is not a wingnut do not loosen them all the way. You can but it takes awhile to get them back in

The foam rectangles go toward the bow to push the bag back toward you. Then you get in the boat, open the valve, and push all the air out to make it hard and conform to your feet. The ideal would be to suck the air out once it is shaped the way you want it.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015   #4

Cave Creek, Arizona
Are the blocks made to be removed for different length legs? I can barley squeeze my legs under the thigh braces even with the bag deflated.
Old 09-25-2015   #5

Teacher
Yes remove a couple blocks and try again.
Old 09-25-2015   #6

Teacher
Also sometimes to move the seat I stand the boat up on end Grab the seat and tap the bow on the ground. That seat has been sitting like that for years and might need a little encouragement.
Old 09-25-2015   #7

Cave Creek, Arizona
Thanks.
Old 09-26-2015   #8

Cave Creek, Arizona
Well I got the seat to move, but know I can't get it to tighten back up. I didn't take the screws all the way out, and I don't hear anything rattling around when I shake the boat. So maybe the nuts are missing? The seat won't move by hand, but if I tap on it with a mallet it will move and the blue brackets move to. Not forward and back, but they rotate.
Old 10-03-2015   #9

Cave Creek, Arizona
Got the seat tightened back down. Turns out even though I didn't take the screws all the way out it was still enough to get them out of the nut underneath. All good to go now. And since my K-Bomb skirt got here yesterday and fits tight, I think all I need now is hip pads. Might take it to the lake tomorrow to practice my roll. Can't wait to surf my first wave, though that probably won't be till the next time I am in CO.