Grateful Heads - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-09-2011   #1

buena vista, Colorado
Grateful Heads

Hello to all. I have been recently and pretty majorly concussed. This is not the first concussion, i like my brain occasionally and so now I am looking at fancy helmets for next season. I am very interested in the Grateful Heads helmets but am having a hard finding their info ie website, email and/or phone number. Can someone help me out? Thanks....

ArthurDent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011   #2

Summit County, and Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
I have been recently and pretty majorly concussed.
Ouch. That sounds like it woulda hurt!
I used to have a Grateful Head a long time ago. I dont know if they still make them.
Fallingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
i still have one, a helmet that is, and was trying to find another last season. i came to the conclusion that they aren't around anymore.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011   #4

Philadelphia, New Jersey
Paddling Since: 1997
I have a grateful head right now and it is very nice. I don't flip very much due to the fact I haven't gotten to paddle hard water yet but I assure you the helmet will help a lot if you do happen to bang your head on a rock. The only complaint that I have with the helmet is that it doesnt come down far enough on the side of your head and it can still easily hurt you or in a severe case give you a concussion.
jameymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #5

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
When the time comes, I hope my plain WRSI is enough. Ouch. I know it's come in handy with preventing minor dings and rock clunking while upside down, but nothing major. I had a concussion when I was snowboarding at the age of 12. That was before you ever saw anyone with a helmet on groomers.

If my WRSI isn't enough though, I've considered upgrading to one of these. Will need to outfit it with some good padding and possibly keep it waxed though.

Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #6

Philadelphia, New Jersey
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick
When the time comes, I hope my plain WRSI is enough. Ouch. I know it's come in handy with preventing minor dings and rock clunking while upside down, but nothing major. I had a concussion when I was snowboarding at the age of 12. That was before you ever saw anyone with a helmet on groomers.

If my WRSI isn't enough though, I've considered upgrading to one of these. Will need to outfit it with some good padding and possibly keep it waxed though.
can u really paddle in one of them? and if you have ever seen Dane Jackson in videos while he is creeking he has a full face helmet. it sort of looks like a quad helmet but better
jameymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #7

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I assume if you can get by wearing one on a medieval battlefield, that paddling a boat with one on would be childsplay. Not saying I could, though.

I wasn't poking fun at normal full face helmets though. I have the full face attachment for my WRSI and have used it several times. I don't trust it as much as I would a permanent full-face like the one Dane Jackson wears though.
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #8

buena vista, Colorado
ok thanks for the quick responses guys. I suppose grateful heads is no more. It's a shame they seemed like a very cool company.
ArthurDent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #9

Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
I have the full face Sweet Protection, I think it is called the rocker. I rang my bell once last year and was really glad to have been wearing it. It is really comfy and didn't hender my view at all. Give them a look if you want a solid helmet but they are spendy. But still not as much as a new head.
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #10

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 93
Grateful Heads
Company Addresses:
2049 Lower New Germany Road
Frostburg, Md 27651 [map]
Company Phones:
(301) 689-0915

call them. I have 1 and love it.
topbud is offline   Reply With Quote