Good IK whitewater paddle - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-04-2012   #1

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
Good IK whitewater paddle

Hey guys,

I have been whitewater kayaking in an Air Lynx for a few years and am running mostly class III water and begining to think about tackling harder rivers. I have a cheap paddle that is more of a touring design and am noticing a lack of power/performance when I am trying to make technical moves in bigger water. I would like to purchase a better, more whitewater specific paddle, but it seems that manufacures gear all their whitewater paddles to hard shell lengths. I am looking for something around 220-230cm, but am having a hard time finding a quality paddle in that length. Any ideas? willing to drop a few hundred dollars if I can find the right paddle.

Matt

El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012   #2

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Werner Tybee works fine for me. 230 length and I'm 6'0" in a 2 man NRS ducky.
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #3

Gallatin Gateway, Montana
Paddling Since: 1996
Many threads regarding this....try the search function...
MT_Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012   #4

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
Hey Matt
Werner will make any of their paddles to custom legnth at almost the same costs as their pre made paddles. I ordered their Player paddle in 220 legnth, it does make a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
Hey guys,

I have been whitewater kayaking in an Air Lynx for a few years and am running mostly class III water and begining to think about tackling harder rivers. I have a cheap paddle that is more of a touring design and am noticing a lack of power/performance when I am trying to make technical moves in bigger water. I would like to purchase a better, more whitewater specific paddle, but it seems that manufacures gear all their whitewater paddles to hard shell lengths. I am looking for something around 220-230cm, but am having a hard time finding a quality paddle in that length. Any ideas? willing to drop a few hundred dollars if I can find the right paddle.

Matt
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #5

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
Thanks David and Wavester. I will take a look at both of those options. Also wil check the search function to see what that turns up.

Matt
El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote