Gear review - music on the boat! - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-08-2011   #1

Boise, Idaho
Gear review - music on the boat!

Just recevied my Grace Digital Audio waterproof speaker today. I had heard good things and that combined with my love for music made me go for it. They sell for 50 bucks at REI(where I first saw it) but I had no trouble finding it on Amazon for half that w/free shipping. I got yellow due to high vis. in case I have to rescue it someday and also for reflecting sunlight so I don't burn up my mp3 player inside. It sounds excellent, nice and loud, water/sand/shock proof, and it will fill that want for the tunes I felt last season, especially while on the flat water. Will also be great for hot springs, hiking, mtn. biking, etc. Check it out on the web - Grace digital audio eco extreme

Amazon.com - around 30 bucks and free shipping

I tested it out and it works great!

rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011   #2
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I'm gonna strap one of these on my back deck so that I can pump gansta rap while I boof the shit! BROWN! Those armband mp3 players have just been made obsolete!
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #3
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Sweet, it just got here, and I used some NRS straps to attach it to my rear grabloop. It's perfect!

In this particular shot I was listening to , so that people on the banks would know who I am.

leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011   #4

Denver,, exhaustion
bump the nose plugs with that pic!!!
(sorry bob... they are sweet plugs though)
Old 02-09-2011   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Leif

To funny dude, think this does make you da shit. See ya tonight.

Lenny.
GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Music on the raft is primo for long desert multi-days. I've been thinking about getting a waterproof boom-box. Sony makes one, but at $100 it's pricey if it gets trashed. This thing runs on AA's, I wonder if it is loud enough to be enjoyable.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #7

Missoula, Montana
Now you can break the silence and groove to a little Lady Gaga. Man I wish my raft was equipped with torpedos.
Marco Esquandolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #8

Boise, Idaho
It should be loud enough...

It depends on songs, mp3 players, battery life etc. It can get plenty loud, but can also distort a little. I have been playing with the volume configuration between the player and the speaker and have gotten it loud enough to rock the whole house, with no distortion. The magnet in the speaker feels fairly heavy and the speaker seems pretty powerful. You could also a little more at REI and have their lifetime return policy(provided it doesn't float down the river into oblivion). I think amazon has a decent policy as well. I figured for 30 bucks I couldn't go too wrong.
rafterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #9

I like this one for my ipod. I hang it off the cat frame right in front of me. Sound quality is good.

Amazon.com: eGo Waterproof Sound Case with Dual Speakers for iPod (Clear): Electronics
BoscoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #10

Damn you must be a BAller! At 329 friggen shekels it better come with a few free ZJ's!
Ryanrugger is offline   Reply With Quote