Galaxy cooler guy???????? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2010   #1

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Galaxy cooler guy????????

So, does anybody know if this guy is still in business?

Awhile back, the rumor was that he was overseas dealing with the manufacturer. He doesn't return emails or answer his phone.

I paid him for a 128 qt cooler at the end of last year when he was running a GCPBA special. He said he was out of that size, but would get me one when they came in March or so. I'm starting to think I'm screwed.

I don't think I'm the only one that's having trouble finding the guy. Any of you Durango folks have any info on the guy or his operation?

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
He is around. I recently bought a cooler from him. He told me the same thing, new ones not in until sometime in May, I settled for last years demo model. He was real hard to get in touch with. Keep calling until you talk to him! He never called me back either, I just had to keep calling until he answered. He is a super nice person, seems honest, just not the best business man.
Oh yeah, awesome cooler. You'll be happy when you finally get it.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010   #3

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I finally spoke with Marty at Galaxy today. He is in town and should be answering calls and emails. It seems as though the container with his latest order has been delayed, again, and it expected to arrive in June. He gave me the exact date, but I don't remember it. I should be receiving a call or email when he has them in his hands. I'll keep everyone posted on how this all works out.

He says he will have some new products to add to his current line and will get the info on his website once it arrives. Sounds like some different sizes and a bit less expensive.