Fuse vs. 4Fun - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-15-2010   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Fuse vs. 4Fun

Hey a friend of mine was wondering what some people's opinions were on these two boats, so other than the demo, demo, demo what do you think of these two?

Mmcquillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I love my 4fun. The outfitting is super simple and comfortable and the boat is super stable and easy to roll! I am 5'11 and 205 and the 4fun fits me great. I took out the happy feet foot bag and replaced it with foam you will either love it or hate it my son still has his and he loves it! The boat handles well in all types of water!
RandyP
Old 05-17-2010   #3
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
I've had both and I'm in the Fuse now.

I prefer the positive foam footblock over the happy feets and the adjustable thigh hooks as opposed to the flatter and non adjustable thigh non-hooks of the 4Fun. I also prefer a backband that supports my lower back. The backband of the Fuse is firm and stays put.

Why I left the 4Fun?

One occasion when I'd roll up my thigh would slip out of the brace and nearly pop the skirt. I'd pull myself back into the boat get my thigh back in the brace and roll up. I guess this is because the thigh brace is pretty flat and not really hooked. I found it hard to get and stay tight in the boat. Probably would have been better without the happy seat and feet. River running I found the Fuse to have a less catchy stern. I also had a couple of times where the rope in the cleat of the 4Fun back band would "pop" and I'd lose my backband till I got to the bottom of the rapid and reset it. A bit unnerving and my fault for not setting the rope firmly in the cleat.

I have an AllStar for play but for all around I prefer the Fuse.

My 2 cents.
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010   #4

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
THEO - which 4Fun, the 2004 "classic" model or the 2007 model? I found the stern on the 2004 "classic" Funs to be much more catchy than the 2007 model.

I compared the 2007 SuperFun to the Fuse 64 and stayed with the SuperFun as I preferred the "Happy Feet" bag and the less aggressive thigh braces. The WaveSport thighbraces felt more restrictive and kept my knees closer together, extending my feet further into the bulkhead. In addition to that, at my weight I wanted the extra volume (6 gallons) of the SuperFun.

Here are pics of the 2007 SuperFun vs. the Fuse 64 to give you a side by side visual of the two:
Attached Images

FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010   #5
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
I had the 2007.