fluid nemesis feedback? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-08-2012   #1

cullman, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2009
Send a message via AIM to AlabamaKayaker
fluid nemesis feedback?

Does anybody have any input on the fluid nemesis kayak. Ive heard many good things about it but have heard its a little difficult to roll? Not sure if this is true. Im looking into getting one and have read countless reviews.

AlabamaKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012   #2

I don't think the Nemesis is any harder to roll than any other similar playboat. Fluid is about to or just did release their new playboat the Dope too.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #3

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I paddle a small, it rolls fine. I'd check out Fluid's new playboat before getting a Nemsis. Saw Leif's this morning, I want to paddle one.
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012   #4

cullman, Alabama
I didnt know that! thankyou for telling me
Old 03-08-2012   #5
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
user Dwave is a Fluid rep you can send him a pm if he doesn't notice this thread.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #6

cullman, Alabama
Thankyou!
Old 03-09-2012   #7

Columbus, Indiana
Why are you wanting that particular boat? Have you paddled one before? Are you planning to demo? There's other nice playboats out there as well.

If you like it, and know of one for sale, I'm sure you can get an awesome deal since they just put out their new spud. Same with the Pyranha Molan.
seedubs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
I have a Nemesis Med. It's ~ 55 gallons and rolls pretty darn easy. Maybe not as easy as a Jackson boat b/c of the more vertical sidewalls. I come from a Riot background so it's never really affected me. IMO outfitting to your body-type is more crucial to the boats performace and ease of rolling. If you can roll a creek boat with any proficeincy you can roll a play boat, no problem. I like my Nemesis; it blunts easily and loops well, but not as big as the Rockstar, on par with the Allstar. The Dope looks much better and I would second with the others above to look at it. The New outfitting has been updated and maybe better than what's currently being produced by W/S or LL, from the prelimnary photos I've seen. Ask Dave (Dwave) to give you first hand knowledge as he just took a tour of the new N.America Factory.

hullflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Hey Bama, the Nemesis is an excellent playboat and does a lot well. Blunts, loops, new school tricks...As far as rolling, that's a technique issue. A proficient paddler is rolling any boat regardless of the design. Obviously there's a difference between a fully loaded multi-day creek boat and a lightweight playboat, but the principle's stay the same and with a little practice successful. With that said, the constant evolution of our sport has new designs emerging every couple years or so. Fluid's new playboat for 2012 is the Dope and it's a step forward for sure. New design, plastic, and outfitting. The only way to know is to get in a kayak and try it out. Dope's should be at a dealer new you any day now along with the rest of Fluid's new line up for 2012. If you wanna get more info on the Nemesis, give me a shout and we'll figure it out. I paddle the Nemesis for 2 years and loved everday in it.
Old 03-11-2012   #10

cullman, Alabama
Well i have a perception 3d kayak and im consistant on my rolls and its a sturdy boat. Not easy to flip in the first place. And i have paddled the nemesis. A friend of mibe has one and i surfed a little and loved the bouce the boat has