Flexi or Superlight At2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-29-2011   #1

Grand Junction, Colorado
Flexi or Superlight At2

Im a playboat/riverrunner solid class 3 paddler which paddle would be more up my ally?

flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011   #2

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
the cheaper one
eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #3

Missoula, Montana
Werner Sherpa
Iron Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011   #4

Grand Junction, Colorado
ALright i ended up getting a 197cm superlight for 40% off is this a good size for a 6 foot paddler? I paddle my player paddle 197cm playing and river running im just getting into playing with this paddle size work for me?
Old 10-30-2011   #5

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
First off, those are both awesome, high end paddles. Can't go wrong in my book; if the price is ok for you. Folks seem to love AT or Werner, but not both; I love the ergonomics and flex of my ATs.

I think durability is more important than shaving 2 ounces off an already-light carbon paddle; so between the two paddles you mentioned, I'd go with AT2 flexi; which also happens to be the cheaper one. I love my ooold ATX flexi; it already feels superlight compared to an AT river glass paddle, but its a bit heavier than either you mentioned, and has larger blades, which I like (come to think of it, thats my ATX flexi bracing on a rock, in the avatar I just put up; also in my gallery somewhere).
I like my AT River Glass paddle too; its fine for most trips, and I wouldn't care so much if it got lost or broken. I'm trying to spread the wear onto a few paddles, to extend the life of the ATX.

Why not AT C series ($280 vs $430+; same weight as my ATX flexi); do you want the flex? (personally I love the flex; easier on my wrists and elbows).
AT Paddles / Whitewater / C-Series / Play Carbon

Just saw your followup post; sure thats a good size. I am 6'3" and use 197cm; I could go to 200cm but the large blade size of the ATX works great for me. You will get used to whatever you paddle with.

On second thought, thats a terrible size for you; I would be happy to take it off your hands for you
Don't lose it!! Many many paddles were lost around here in the spring floods.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #6

Grand Junction, Colorado
meant to say will this paddle size work for me lol. Thanks for the reply wasatchbill CKS ended up having a great promo couldn't pass it up only had a 200cm or a 197cm so had to make the choice gonna go see how she treats me tomorrow haven't even tried a bent shaft yet wanted something different.
Old 10-30-2011   #7

Missoula, Montana
For that price, it's a no brainer. I'm just not a fan of AT. Broke one in the POOL that was still within "warranty" and they still charged me $250 for a replacement paddle. Plus, I have seen two friends break them while on the river. Nothing personal, but due to the bad experience would never again trust them on the water. Werner all the way.....IMHO
Iron Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #8

Grand Junction, Colorado
I love my werners also i learned with them i see people with their ups and downs with both companys hopefully i got a great paddle.
Old 10-30-2011   #9

Grand Junction, Colorado
Just had my first run with the At2 Superlight paddle took my diesel 80 out today as soon as i started paddling i notice how clean the strokes were was on a 4 hr float with no fatigue or strain on my shoulders or grip very stoked so far with this paddle!