First WW kayak: Dagger g ride 6.5, dagger Juice 7.1, wavesport ezg50, Pyranha s8 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Gear Talk

Old 05-16-2018   #1

First WW kayak: Dagger g ride 6.5, dagger Juice 7.1, wavesport ezg50, Pyranha s8

Looking for my first ww kayak. I live on the coast now, where I do a lot of sea kayaking, but I'm moving to a land of rivers in a few weeks. I want to do some ocean surfing on it, but when I move I want to be able to handle some beginner-intermediate WW, and play some in the WW park near where I'll be moving. I'm a 6 foot 1 in 165 lb man. Buying used, so my options are: Dagger g ride 6.5, dagger Juice 7.1, wavesport ezg50, Pyranha s8

Thanks y'all

yakshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018   #2

Love, love, love my Juice 7.1. Bought it new 15 years ago and it has been my only boat since. Mostly paddling and playing III+ (Ocoee) but have run steeper and harder stuff pretty comfortably. I outweigh you by 40 pounds, so it's pretty playful and squirrelly for me, whereas at your weight would be more forgiving and a better beginner boat.

My teenage son has outgrown his last boat and I'm about to hand down the Juice to him. Going to be a sorta sad day.
clarkbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #3

Financial Services
There are some great options depending on the nature of the water you will be paddliling. There are still some good Riot designs and boats available from their headquarters in Monrtreal,.

Dagger, Liquid Logic, Pyranha, Jackson, All offer sound boats in inquiry to this post,