Favorite Creekboat? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-29-2010   #1

Favorite Creekboat?

Hey,
I was just wondering the different options and opinions out there for a full on creek boat that is totally bomber... I know with every boat theres a sacrifice of speed, manuverability, and boof ability... And that most creek boats are great for a skilled paddler depending on their preference... But what in your opinion is your favorite creeker out there...

I have been creeking for bit now mainly in WNC but wanting to move to the PNW possibly Oregon or Washington area which I hear it is a completely different style then the SE, higher volume and steeper out there? But anyways im a smaller guy about 120lbs and around 5'7" -5'8" so keep that in mind but I have checked out a few different styles and want to hear all the options... I hear prijon makes bomber boats as well as the burn and ammo are pretty sweet along with fluid solos seem pretty popular or dragorossi mafia if you have the coins and of course most peoples fave the Jefe chico/jefe but help me out give me some ideas opinions and thoughts of a new boat to give a try especially for steep creeks with lots of boulder gardens or ledge drops!!!

Any post is helpful
Thanks,
Kyle...

blissedkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Dude.... somebody should slap you! Go try a creekboat, you have already asked this question brahh.. since the creeks are steeper and higher volume? I don't think you have a clue. I would take a trip and start with the class 4. Nobody can say what you like in boats and I'm positive they have nearly all been listed.. drago come on.. what do you want kid.. go try the boats. Displacement vs planning, some are more mix, but what do you want. If you are just running 4 rivers go for planning, if you have plans for mank or vert get displacement..
to get technical you can run the shit in playboat for all anyone cares. The main point is find something you like.. simple..
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #3

Its might be because I can't try these boats because this dinky place doesnt have demos im not in bozeman or colorado man this is the SE where I'd have to drive 4 hrs out at least to try any of these boats and probably still dont have any luck wth are you so hostile anyways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010   #4

Jenks, Oklahoma
Hold on, according to google maps Lake Toxaway NC is right in the middle of some of the best WW boating in the world. NOC has plenty of demos and not that far away. Free on water demo's of most all current kayaks.

I grew up in North Ga and enjoyed every minute of that WW dream location. Now live in Oklahoma and I drive 4 hours each way every time I get to go boat any class of WW.

I do not feel your pain on location.
okieboater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #5

Im not sayin location im saying places that offer demos man i never complained about the location as far as im concerned its awesome but to be able to demo other boats other then liquidlogic or dagger its far out
Old 11-29-2010   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Over your head. Have you demod the jefe or nomad? If so which style did you like? If you answer is neather get pyrahna or fluid
Old 11-29-2010   #7

Are you just the classic class V dbag that talks to everone like dirt and thinks your the shit and new boaters have no right to learn your sport. Yea i'm a new boater I asked a question i apologize for trying to get info on something I don't have the most knowlege on and obviously can't drive so far to try the other boats i'd like to so I asked others opinion my bad man
Old 11-29-2010   #8

Jenks, Oklahoma
Be sure to try the Jackson Rocker, go to NOC for a free test.

Been blessed to have a good variety of creekboats and the Mega Rocker I paddle has been the most forgiving to paddle I have had. Lots of good creekers out there Mega Rocker tho takes care in me when I get in places I probably should not be. Go to NOC, and they have most all brands there on site. A great way to spend the day or a weekend.
okieboater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #9

Bozeman, Montana
Yeah totally. guess you are classic know it all.
Old 11-29-2010   #10

Thank You man I appreciate it