Dagger Nomad swap - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-18-2010   #1

jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1997
Dagger Nomad swap

Anyone want to trade a Nomad 8.7 for my 8.5? It's in great condition.....used one season....maybe 25 runs. let me know

jhcreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010   #2

Thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I didn't know Dagger made an 8.7. Do you mean 8.1, or the Green Boat?

Nomad - Dagger Kayaks

B.C.
rockinRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #3

jackson, Wyoming
correct

you're right...I thought I had those numbers wrong. I'm looking to upgrade possibly to an 8.3 (the larger model)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010   #4
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Trade for what

I have a WS Habitat and a WS ZG. interested in either?
Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: '98
Hey, JH...

Don't have a Nomad to sell you/trade for you. But I am interested in buying your 8.1, if'n you still have it.

Er...more importantly, I'm interested in hearing why you're moving up to the larger Nomad. Obviously because it's the size thing, but? But I'm RIGHT AT the limit for the 8.1 and wondering if I should stick with my original plan, to get the tighter, lighter boat, or just go with the pig.

Can you tell me about your height/size and tell me your thoughts on how the 8.1 rides for you?
Captainstargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #6

jackson, Wyoming
Nomad swap

Yo Captain, yes I do still have my 8.1 for sale. Like I said...it's dark blue and in excellent shape. Got it new last May and probably saw 20 river days. Maybe a few more..with a couple bouncy rides down the Green

To answer your other question, I'm 6 ft./@ 180 lbs. So RIGHT AT the size cutoff for the 8.1 as well. I just thought I'd try the bigger one for a season to see the difference, plus i like to do self supports and it has more storage capacity. The 8.1 has been fine for me on all sorts of rivers, from low volume creeks to the N. Fk. Payette.

Hope that answers your question, let me know.
Old 04-10-2010   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: '98
Yah....I can see where doing self supports would add a lotta weight to your 180 lbs, tipping the scales.

But tell me, cause I'm six foot 185...how does the boat ride for you? Is it squirly? Does it respond fast? Sluggishly? Do you SENSE that you're too big for it? Or does it seem to ride well?

Oh....and I never did see the original post, just the reposts where all the smart guys were bitchin' you out for getting the numbers wrong.

So? So as I say, I don't have a boat to trade you, but I might be interested in buying what you got. Without doin' the trade thing, how much would you be looking for to sell this?

And if you are interested in selling it, please let's talk on regular email: [email protected]

Thanx!
Captainstargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #8

jackson, Wyoming
Hey again

Yeah...you get a few numbers wrong and people get all up in yer sh$t

It's not so much tipping the scales as it is having more room. And in regards to your weight (i think the upper scale for that boat is 190) I never had a problem. I has been plenty fast and stable, never at all FELT that I was too big for it. I think if you're a good enough paddler you can make any boat work the way you want it to.....if it fits into what you're looking for in a boat.

Let's put it this way...I'm basically your same size and I took a loaded 8.1 down the Secesh (18 mi. 4-5) into the S. Fk Salmon (25 mi. 4-4+) and it was fine. I think it's a great boat either size.

Look for a regular email here in a sec
Old 04-10-2010   #9

im 5'9 165 and i paddle the 8.5. Its definately not too much boat, you'll be fine. My personal opinion is that with a creek boat if you are on the border go bigger, and if its a playboat go smaller.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote