Cooler Reccomendations - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-24-2012   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Cooler Reccomendations

I'm outfitting a new rig and need to put in a cooler.

I think I can go 40" wide and just scrape the tubes, I need to measure the depth however.

I'm drawn to the Yeti's, Engles and Canyons' but don't want to throw down the cash. The new Igloo's have some access door on top which I've read doesn't keep things cold unless I go to a Marine Grade and Coleman's don't appear to lock shut.

Does anyone have some user input from your experience? Are the $400-500 coolers really worth the coin?

I found by luck a new company and was curious if anyone had some experience with them? they're a bit cheaper, but I'm not convinced. looks like I can get a 158Qt Denali cooler for 313$

Ice Coolers - Ice Chests - Cooler Boxes - Large Coolers, Looking for the best ice coolers, ice chests or large coolers for camping, fishing, marine, hunting or rafting? True Blue Coolers are quality coolers and you can get them here at wholesale dire

appreciate your input.
-scott

scottcsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012   #2

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcsu View Post
I'm outfitting a new rig and need to put in a cooler.

I think I can go 40" wide and just scrape the tubes, I need to measure the depth however.

I'm drawn to the Yeti's, Engles and Canyons' but don't want to throw down the cash. The new Igloo's have some access door on top which I've read doesn't keep things cold unless I go to a Marine Grade and Coleman's don't appear to lock shut.

Does anyone have some user input from your experience? Are the $400-500 coolers really worth the coin?

I found by luck a new company and was curious if anyone had some experience with them? they're a bit cheaper, but I'm not convinced. looks like I can get a 158Qt Denali cooler for 313$

Ice Coolers - Ice Chests - Cooler Boxes - Large Coolers, Looking for the best ice coolers, ice chests or large coolers for camping, fishing, marine, hunting or rafting? True Blue Coolers are quality coolers and you can get them here at wholesale dire

appreciate your input.
-scott
I have one of the new 100qt Coleman Marine Coolers and I'm really happy with it. It doesn't latch shut mechanically, but it does have an internal knob that keeps the lid shut very tight - I don't miss broken latches...

For $89.00, its tough to beat, and in my opinion, way more durable than the igloo's in that range.
clinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #3
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
hold on, let me grab a beer
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012   #4

salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
I bought a marine grade 150 quart rubbermaid for about 120 it has great insulation and built in ice packs and quality hinges and molded handles... It fits perfect In my cat with a 72" nrs frame... Regarding the yetti yes they are worth it but not in my budget.. they are also very heavy... Just minimize opening your cooler and keep it out of the sun...
codycleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #5

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I had a 178qt Rubbermaid and can't say I've been thrilled with it. Maybe it had too much air space and not enough beer!!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #6

out west, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcsu View Post

appreciate your input.
-scott
Those look EXACTLY like Canyon Coolers.

I notice the quart sizing it slightly different. Maybe to avoid some sort of Copy-write or Trademark issues..?...
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #7
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
for cheap goodness check out

102 Qt Gott

or

150 Qt Gott

i bought the 102 for 100 bones shipped to my door. has metal hinges and latch. I could buy 4 of them for less than the price of a yeti.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #8

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
I wonder if this company uses the same molds as Canyon Coolers? Aren't they built in China?
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote