CKS customer service. - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011   #1

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
CKS customer service.

I've shopped a CKS a handful of times and had no problems. Yesterday I utilized there online chat to see if they had a pair of XS women's hydroskin pants for my wife and if they could ship them today Friday to insure that we would get them in Steamboat by Weds. We launch on the Yampa Thurs .I was told by Mr Pink yes we have them in stock. I then called Mr Pink to place the order he then tells me he could most likely get them to me but he is not even sure that they have them now because he is not in the store and nobody is answering the Phone at CKS???? He had just told me they had them 5 mins before. I offer to drive up and get them if they have them as I need to go to Leadville this weekend. They took my credit card info and say they will call me back Sat at the latest to confirm the availability of the pants. Really 24 hours to check the stock of some pants. This incident combined with my last experience where I order my son a life jacket online at CKS and they waited 3 days to contact me and tell me it was not in stock even though the web site showed it being available. I'll have to waste a little more time and make sure my order is cancelled with CKS. I want to take this time to say CKS has done a lot for paddle sports!!! I just want the best customer service when spending my money.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
hey man.. one thing you need to realize. its spring. its boating season. and its been a long winter. 24 hours is very reasonable considering the circumstances. and you get what you get when you go online. if you want face to face contact go to a store. as far as cks is concerned they kick ass! They are only human, boaters at that if you need them pay the over night shipping.. just saying..what other online stores offer the ability to converse through a chat box anyway.
Old 05-21-2011   #3

Steamboat, Colorado
CKS

I wanted to go to the store just wanted to make sure they had them it's a three hour drive and snowing . The online chat is great but I'd think most stores could tell you if they have an item in stock the day you call them. CKS has done a lot for paddle sports and is full of great gear no doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011   #4

Wow. While it sounds like you received less expedient service than one would normally expect with CKS, I would suggest having aired your concerns directly with the company and allowing them to address the issue and make you happy before airing this relatively trivial issue on an online forum, which is a very low road in this circumstance. I worked at CKS for years and the primary MO was making the customer happy - we would bend over backwards and work very hard to treat everyone's situation personally even at a cost of resources. I can assure you that making each shopper happy is a top priority and that this expectation is met a vast majority of the time. Frankly, having worked at CKS I have been often dismayed as a consumer in other realms as experiences have never been matched by what I know CKS does.

If you want to inflict financial damage on a company by placing an online post with the title you selected, it had better be for a much more serious issue. Recently a friend of mine in FL was told at a restaurant that they did not care for getting business from his kind of person. Something like that...something really egregious would be worth airing to the public.

In this case, my opinion is that the mature and reasonable way to go would be to contact the company directly with your concerns to let them fix it and make you happy.

In any case, have fun on your trip.

I'm about to get off the computer and go paddling in the snow.

CM
Old 05-21-2011   #5

Steamboat, Colorado
CKS

I guess I expect good customer service without having to ask for it. I feel I stated positive things about CKS in both of my posts to be fair. I think CKS has done a lot to help the paddling community. Maybe the title was harsh. I didn't want to inflict finical damage to the store. I chose to deal with them instead of NRS directly to finically support them.I was just stating the details of my transactions. After contacting them 3 times about the pants and 3 times about the PFD as well as a former employee and fan of CKS telling me I'm on the LOW ROAD and my problem is not important enough . I'm good on calling them for a while. I'm off work in 35 mins and will be paddling in the rain and snow too. ADMINS if you could remove WEAK from my original title that would be outstanding.
Old 05-21-2011   #6

Well, sorry to offend. I was just trying to suggest that as a store i know they strive for exceptional customer service as job 1, i think they would have made every effort to make you a happy customer if you aired your concerns directly. Again, sorry to offend, and sorry you had a less than ideal experience, I was just trying to suggest a way to be helpful.
Old 05-21-2011   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Swimteam101,

We really apologize for any inconvenience. It is really a shame to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Just for your information, we do have the hydroskin pants in stock and we were preparing to call you and work out a pick up time or shipping scenario this morning (if you had not already canceled your order). We do take pride in providing the best customer service in the paddling industry and we are not making any excuses for any delay in customer communication. In order to not give our customers misinformation about inventory, we prefer to take the time to double check ourselves and apologize for any delay it causes. If we can help you with anything in the future please give us a call or online chat. We would be happy to help you out!

-Mr Pink
Old 05-21-2011   #8

Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I had all my gear orders in well over a month before I was "planning" to paddle. If the pants don't fit your wife are you going to come back on here and blame them for that too? I have had plenty of top notch experiences with cks, and I agree with meng that this is something you should be voicing to cks rather than to the whole community. If you don't like the service find another store, don't slander their name on the buzz. I too will now be going to paddle in rain and snow, have fun, be safe.
Old 05-21-2011   #9

Hi there. I am the GM of CKS and I was on the retail sales floor yesterday at this time. We were very busy, and I did get a message from our warehouse that they needed a pair of pants in XS. It took a little time to get back to sales team that we had them, but they were transferred to the warehouse later that afternoon to be processed.

We are always open to feedback for we learn a lot from it. Anyone call us toll free at anytime from 9-6pm MST to get a quicker and more precise answer for your questions.

There are now a lot of different ways we receive questions from our cusotmers: phone calls, walk in, live chats, e mails, FaceBook IM's, Twitter posts, etc. I do know we offer all of these opportunities for communication options to our customers for their convenience. But at times, it is very hard for a smaller comapny with limited staff to respond quickly with the proper and correct answer. We do our very best.

We are proud to have very caring, kind and educated customer service personnel that live, work and paddle in Colorado. And can speak in clear English without a delay LOL.

Shoot me an IM with your name and order # and we will take care of you on this order as we do with the few problem orders we have periodically in this great industry.

Thanks for your time. Go have some fun on the water.
Old 05-21-2011   #10

Steamboat, Colorado
CKS

They fit great her first pair is missing. I'm glad you ordered you stuff a month ago. Ever lose or break something ? What about my statement is false ? Do you even know the meaning of slander. Again CKS has done a lot for Paddling as indicated in all of my posts. I guess my post title should be Is it weak for the store you call to not have the ability to confirm their stock same day. Back Door Sports, MTN Sports Kayak , Alpine Qwest (Edwards and Glenwood) , and Ten Mile Kayak all got it done in less than 5 min. Mr. Pink thanks for the response. I hope you don't mind your handle I saw no need to include your name. I should have left the store name out as well. CKS thanks for supporting the river and for addressing the problem.
Closed Thread