Buying my first Kayak - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-10-2009   #1

stillwater, Oklahoma
Send a message via Skype™ to elfsoldier
Buying my first Kayak

I am looking at purchasing my first Kayak. I was consider buying the Aclhemy from dagger. I also liked the baffin from Boreal design read some great reviews about the baffin. I am around 6' 2"+ 212 pounds. I was thinking on kayaking in lakes and rivers and do weekend excursions. Any input would be great. Thanks

elfsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I would think either of those boats would work. However, almost all the whitewater manufacturers are coming out with a whitewater/touring hybrid that look pretty cool and are built to handle some whitewater as well. Might be worth a look at some of these models, but if its all lake and real calm moving water might not need the hybrid design.....

Liquidlogic Kayaks

.: www.pyranha.com :.

Jackson Kayak - Kayak News, Kayak Photos, Kayak Videos and Kayak Stories
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009   #3

denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
you just noodling or what?
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009   #4

stillwater, Oklahoma
Send a message via Skype™ to elfsoldier
answer to question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOWDEN View Post
you just noodling or what?
If you are suggesting sticking your hand in a hole to catch fish that is nuts. If you mean something would you please explain? Just want to buy because I have enjoyed kayaking in the past would like something positive to look forward to once I get out of Iraq. I enjoy the tranquility that kayaking offers. It is nice and peaceful sport that allows you to see beauty of nature that a regular joe may not get to experience. I also enjoy it do to the aspect of Leave no trace ethics that kayaking helps to maintain by minimal impact on wilderness.
elfsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #5

on the water, jersey
Paddling Since: 2008
If you are doing mostly lakes, and big river, non-whitewater (except maybe class I or so) then an Emotion Glide is a great boat. I bought one early this summer, and it is a phenomenally stable boat, and light considering how big the boat is (~37 lbs). If you are looking for whitewater, this boat is def. not recommended. It's too big to manuever that quickly, but it is fun on big rivers. I've taken it on the Delaware River, near Milford, NJ. Good luck.

-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfsoldier View Post
I am looking at purchasing my first Kayak. I was consider buying the Aclhemy from dagger. I also liked the baffin from Boreal design read some great reviews about the baffin. I am around 6' 2"+ 212 pounds. I was thinking on kayaking in lakes and rivers and do weekend excursions. Any input would be great. Thanks
waterratNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking