Burn of 2010 and after vs 2012 Mamba? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-10-2013   #1

Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
Burn of 2010 and after vs 2012 Mamba?

Anyone who has paddled both able to give a comparative review?

JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013   #2

bc, CA
Paddling Since: 2007
I have paddled both and in fact have owned both. I love the Burn. It has great edges and to me paddles like a Cadillac. There is nothing about this boat I didn't like, and I have tried many creek/river runners. The Mamba is also a good boat. Have to work a little harder to get it on edge...perhaps better for a beginner. Both seem to resurface well. The mamba may be slightly easier to roll but not too much of a noticeable difference.
Unfortunately, the Burn hurt my knee (had surgery) and I have ended up paddling the Mamba now. The thigh braces just worked better for me. Still miss my Burn.
brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #3

Walhalla, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 2011
I have been wanting to switch out my boat which is a older pryanh play boat style/river runner for an older burn, I have been goin on class III stuff and a little class four for a while now, I really like the burn, do you think It would be a good boat for me at my skill level?
yak_zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak_zac View Post
I have been wanting to switch out my boat which is a older pryanh play boat style/river runner for an older burn, I have been goin on class III stuff and a little class four for a while now, I really like the burn, do you think It would be a good boat for me at my skill level?
I would say yes. The Burn is a great boat for running III/IV and tougher stuff if you want to step it up. If you are buying an older model just make sure the outfitting is all there (especially all the nuts and bolts) and that there aren't any cracks below the seat where it tends to oilcan.....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013   #5

Walhalla, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 2011
sweet, I was thinking It could help me get to the next level without to much trouble but still be a lot of fun for when I get a little bit better
yak_zac is offline   Reply With Quote