Broken paddles wanted! - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-29-2009   #1

Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Broken paddles wanted!

If anyone in the Summit County area has any broken or unwanted paddles, please let me take them off your hands. I make an attempt at being an artist and would like to use old paddles as my canvas. The photo posted is an example of my work. thanks! ^_^
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9013368.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	1967  

Pilot_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009   #2

summit, Colorado
There's a broken oar at the end of a driveway on Big Elk in Dillon Valley if you're interested...at least it was there last night when i was walking my dog 'round 10. Not sure if you want oars too, or just paddles. I like the one you posted there!
basinrafter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #3
Paddle Publishing

Baja, California
Can you do that to healthy paddles?
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009   #4

Dillon, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Can you do that to healthy paddles?

Sure, i can. I would like to get to a point where i can paint them and put a protective coating on them so they can be used in the water. Hopefully someday i can actually make a nickle or two with this kind of art.
Old 09-30-2009   #5

Dillon, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by basinrafter View Post
There's a broken oar at the end of a driveway on Big Elk in Dillon Valley if you're interested...at least it was there last night when i was walking my dog 'round 10. Not sure if you want oars too, or just paddles. I like the one you posted there!
Oars work too! Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009   #6

McCall, Idaho
there is a broken raft paddle at Columbine Landing on the blue river about 9 miles north of you. i was wade fishing there around three weeks ago and found it. the t-grip was busted off, but i think the blade was still whole. i stuck it in the river-left bank sticking blade up, it may have fallen over now.

go to the columbine landing area, and just start walking up stream from the bathroom area. as i recall there is a fairly new tree fallen across the entire river (potential boating hazard next spring), and the paddle was just upstream of that. the tree is still within the columbine landing area, so it is not upstream into the canyon or anything. should be a short walk along the bank if you start in the general vicinity of the bathroom barn. later.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #7

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_Sam View Post
Sure, i can. I would like to get to a point where i can paint them and put a protective coating on them so they can be used in the water. Hopefully someday i can actually make a nickle or two with this kind of art.
That's really creative! If you ever devise a way to put a protective coating on 'em, I'd be willing to pay ya to have one done!

Good luck in your search for broken paddles, I don't think you'll have to much of a problem finding any on here!
Airborne2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #8

Dillon, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne2504 View Post
That's really creative! If you ever devise a way to put a protective coating on 'em, I'd be willing to pay ya to have one done!

Thank you! I'm thinking some type of laquer or something. If any one knows of something that might work, please let me know.

I eventually want to get into doing designs for all types of gear like helmets, paddles and even boats. I think that an octopus (Cracken) wrapping its tentacles up around a kayak would be a pretty sweet design.
Old 09-30-2009   #9

3, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Holy crap Sam...........never knew you where so talented! You on to something here!
Maybe a new job....haven't seen too many custom paddles in the business!!!

Scott
Scottsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009   #10
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
you know i bet there is a rancher abit past canyon city who has a fence made of the paddles that washed up on his land...im sure they all say river runners or something on them
NoCo is offline   Reply With Quote