bliss-stick mystic??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-02-2010   #1

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Paddling Since: 09
bliss-stick mystic???

i am thinking about purchasing a bliss-stick mystic but i cant decide if i should go with the mystic or mini mystic... im 5'9" and 145lbs. i would like to demo both of these but where i live there are no paddle shops around... thoughts please...

ken

renkenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010   #2

Leadvillian, Colorado
you could certainly fit in the mini, but I'd beat the full sized would be more versatile for you

only real solution is to paddle both, even if just on flat water

does bliss stick still do their "agent" program?
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
i am 5'11" and 175 lbs. i bought my mystic this spring and love it so far. only downside is it does seem pretty heavy, which might be something to consider for a smaller paddler (i'm not sure how much lighter the mini is)
GunnyRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010   #4

Beaverton, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
Mini-mystic!
brandob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #5

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Jefe would be perfect for you! Plastic and design are hard to beat! Blissstick is cheap cause you get what you pay for. If not liquid logic check out dagger nomad or pyrahna
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #6

Beaverton, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
Let me expand on my comments from earlier. The mini will be perfect for you, and the boat is damn near indestructible. I run a full sized mystic at 6' 150lbs, and it is still a bit big for me. I've tried really hard to kill my boat and it's going on at least its fourth season of hard creeking with no problems.

I love the hull shape, too. The soft "bump" on the side allows you to really carve the eddy turn, but it isn't bothered in boily water.
brandob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
i have to disagree with caspermike....

jefe shape is great but plastic is junk. jefe's crack all the time (i bought my mystic after cracking my jefe on a 15 ft boof).

also, mystics aren't "cheap" in any sense...they are only $50 cheaper than a jefe and seem too be bomber.
GunnyRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #8

Ski Patrol
I also disagree with casper mike. The Mystic is one of the toughest creek boats out there. I would expect to get at least 2 if not more seasons out of this boat. I had 1 for 4 seasons and I am on my second year of my second Mystic. As Gunny Ryan said this boat is a bit heavy but shit if it means buying a boat that I don't have to replace every year I will gladly cary the extra 5 pounds. Plust it just makes you that much more of a hard ass! I do still do the agent program for the highcountry and I have 2 regulars that I can demo out. They are also being sold out of CKS in BV. CKS is the fastest way to get your hands on a Mystic. I am 145-150lbs and I love it!

cheers
Mike Hagadorn
970 389 9540
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #9

ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
so what would be the optimum weight range for a Mystic? and what would be the max weight for day tripping? for self-support? thanks for any reply
pretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I'm sure that's the reason why the Jefe Is one of top creekboats is becausee it breaks and is light on hikes... yeah I def.. wouldn't trust a Jefe in the wilderness, or its companys amazing warranty program.... please..blisssuck aren't anything to brag about. O yeah you can get them in heavy black plastic that tears away on mank shits to soft, main reason it doesn't break is it molds.. and pig noses horrible on little pitons hate to see one fold cause likely it wouldn't take very long
I would boat fluid before blissstick.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote