BioLite stove - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-18-2012   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
BioLite stove

Has anyone gotten one of these yet? I just saw a link today and looks freaking impressive! Read some reviews and saw some vids on Youtube, which look awesome. Already sent the link to the wife to get it for our anniversary. Will post a review once I get mine.

Wonder if this thing could replace a blaster. According to some review it would put out 18,000 btu. Which isn't really blaster capacity, but with a bit longer time it would heat up kitchen water.

BioLite CampStove - BioLite Stove

Review:

Alex

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012   #2

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Interesting Concept. I have reservation about having my electronics that close to: A. A burning Fire and B. A pot of boiling water. They need a resilient extension cord as a standard piece of equipment.

I tend to think of this as a survival gear more than camping gear.
Old 07-18-2012   #3

Boise, Idaho
It looks awesome to me.

I want to pick one up soon.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012   #4
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
laterwagged, it's easily solved with a $5 usb extension cord I have laying around.

I couldn't stand it and bought one, will post a review once I get it. It's definitely going into my dry box for morning coffee and an emergency stove. I've ran too many trips with forgotten stove hoses, lost propane and shitty stoves.

I wonder if it would be allowed in fire ban areas? Since it's enclosed burning unit.

Alex
Old 07-18-2012   #5
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
laterwagged, it's easily solved with a $5 usb extension cord I have laying around.

I couldn't stand it and bought one, will post a review once I get it. It's definitely going into my dry box for morning coffee and an emergency stove. I've ran too many trips with forgotten stove hoses, lost propane and shitty stoves.

I wonder if it would be allowed in fire ban areas? Since it's enclosed burning unit.

Alex
I don't think it will be allowed during fire bans. It can not be shut off like propane if the winds kick up. It looks like the old Sierra stove plus the USB charger. Those actually worked great for backpacking but would not be practical for more than two people; lots of tending for a sustained output.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote