bad ass outfitting? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-28-2010   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
bad ass outfitting?

I was wondering if anyone has tried liquid logics "bad-ass-outfitting" kayak seat?

esingleton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010   #2

B.F.E., Wyoming
yea... Best outfitting ever. Comfy and Bomber.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Did you find it was easy to fit the boat using foam and the outfitting? Any recomendations on best way to install necessarry padding and the outfitting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Woody does it up for you:

Liquidlogic Kayaks
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #5
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Great seat. When you shoulder the boat you have this comfy wrapped over hip pad right on your shoulder.
Old 05-28-2010   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Anything that compares to Bad Ass Outfitting? Any ideas in general about making boats more comfortable. Im finding I cramp up in my hips especially when on the water for 2+ hour
Old 05-28-2010   #7

kayaker
Nothing compares to the bad-ass-outfitting. Make sure your hip pads are in the right spot, a lot of times if the tapered shape is too low it will make your hips sore. Also, be sure you are sitting in the seat properly, not too far forward or back.
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Great seat. When you shoulder the boat you have this comfy wrapped over hip pad right on your shoulder.
Funny, after carrying your boat up today, thats exactly what I was going to say. Damn comfy on the shoulder.
Old 06-03-2010   #9

Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by esingleton56 View Post
Anything that compares to Bad Ass Outfitting? Any ideas in general about making boats more comfortable. Im finding I cramp up in my hips especially when on the water for 2+ hour
I have tried the bad ass in the Remix XP 9 and XP 10 in the shop and during a demo. Both times I was also able to try the Pyranha Fusion with the Connect 30 outfitting. Both in the store and on the water I preferred the Connect 30 padding to the Bad Ass. For me, 6'3" 185 lbs, I found the Bad Ass not as comfortable or offering as much support as the Pyranaha boat.

Bad Ass is nicer than most but not the best in my book. Find them both and compare for yourself.
H-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010   #10

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
works in any kayak

If you are cramping up in the kayak try lowereing your seat. Myself being 6'4" tall @200lbs I had to do this to all but my most recent kayaks. You will have to remove the seat pillars on each side of the kayak then tape some stainless fender washers together, wedge them between seat and cockpit rim, then reinstall the seat. You will only be able to lower it about .5~.75" but that can make all the difference sometimes. I have also found that your backband contact point can also be a huge factor. If too low it will cause a siatica type issue in the hips. Just make sure if you lower the seat watch going too far down, you DO NOT want to create a new wear spot in the hull below your seat!

Good Luck!
Seth
270-202-7476
seth65 is offline   Reply With Quote