Back assward but for real - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-23-2011   #1

Phoenix, Arizona
Back assward but for real

Okay I'm an Innova K2 inflatable ducky. What's my owner look like? How big, tall, experienced are they? What kind of river terrain would they like? What kind of adventure do they like? If they like me, what other boats would they like? What else should they know about me?

Input/assistance much obliged...

Lellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011   #2

pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I am 5'10 and once had an average build, but am headed towards kegish. I own a raft and have a ducky just to loan out to friends and kids on easy stretches. I claim to be a class IV boater but really like class III and only push class IV every few years. I have boated a lot in the past but now I make it out 5x per year max. I haven't been in my own ducky for a few years and never beyond class II- but I give ducky instruction like a champ.
I talk a big game but the prime of my boating career is well past.
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #3

pocatello, Idaho
I am 5'9 and athletic. I am 24. I bought an innova cheap of ebay in college because my friends were into kayaking. it was a cool thing to tell the ladies at bars. "yeah, I just took up extreme kayaking. it is totally radical." I took it out a few times one summer but my friends moved on. I still call myself a kayaker but the boat had been rolled in my condo closet for 4 years. One of these days i am going to buy a PFD and go out again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011   #4

Phoenix, Arizona
@fiya79

okay, a picture is emerging - but just to sync it - so for a free-spirited; adventure prone; middle of the BIG road (ummmm that would be 50 something); strong-like-bull (ok maybe garlic?); never owned a yak; classes (as in III or IV)-have-their-place-BUT-who-cares?; easy-is-good; give-me-good-friends-incredible-views-a decent current-and-pass-the-flask, kinda GAL - this little K2 ducky might be perfect? Any chance I might convince you to sell me the one in your closet? I am quite seriously looking for such a ride and would be most interested in smokin' used deals...

(many thanks for playin'...)
Old 09-24-2011   #5

pocatello, Idaho
I took a group ducky trip down a techinical class III low water run last month. one innova and 2 tomcats and me in a hardshell. the long time innove enthusiast was asking about the price on the tomcats by the end of the day. they are way easier to paddle, more stable, more capacity and just more user friendly to inflate and get ready to rock.

The innova is nice becasue it rolls super small for easy storgae and transport. Possibly because all you will do is store it. it is arguably faster but even as a hard shell kayaker I find it somewhat unstable.

But no, nothing to sell right now.

Try a used tomcat or bandit or most any other name brand for a more casual user. can't comment on a lynx because they are out of my $$ range.
Old 09-24-2011   #6

Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you, fiya79! Really appreciate your taking time to pass along the info - helps greatly!