661 Elbow gaurds on sale - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-15-2011   #1

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
661 Elbow gaurds on sale

there are 661 Race elbow guards on sale at theclymb for $32 delivered. I just ordered some, they seem to have been reviewed well here on the buzz even though they are for biking. Use the link below and I might get $10:

https://www.theclymb.com

eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011   #2

Beaverton, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
Oh hell yes. Thanks for mentioning this. I was already a member, but I hope you get someone else's $10.
brandob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #3

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
I was just looking at those Was noticing that the shipping charge is the same for multiple items... the sale goes for 3.5 more days.

The Subgear Long Sleeve padded shirt looks interesting too (also half price on the Clymb right now). Anyone paddled with one?
A paddling-specific design could be cool; without the chest pads, and with more shoulder and upper spine coverage. (and a thicker polypro, in a zip-T: will someone please make this product?) I wonder if the chest pads are removable.
Heres a review:
SixSixOne (661) SubGear Long-sleeve Body Armour Review - BikeRadar
"The real point here is if you’re a body armour hater, this will change your mind. The comfort, minimal weight and body hugging fit means there’s no effect on your movement. "
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011   #4

Beaverton, Oregon
A buddy of mine has one of the padded shirts and really likes it. I balked at paying $90 for one, but at $45 I would be in. I personally picked up one of the Nike ProCombat padded shirts. The padding totally saved my ass last week when I landed Big Brother less than level and smashed my ribs into the cockpit rim.
Old 09-15-2011   #5

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
the clymb is a pretty good site. you have to invite people via email address. when they buy their first item you get a $10 credit. if those people invite others, they get a $10 credit when their peeps buy stuff the first time. it's almost like a pyramid scheme, but not really.

just don't expect it to ship quickly. they use green methods of shipping which means a little slower.
yesimapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #6

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandob9 View Post
A buddy of mine has one of the padded shirts and really likes it. I balked at paying $90 for one, but at $45 I would be in. I personally picked up one of the Nike ProCombat padded shirts. The padding totally saved my ass last week when I landed Big Brother less than level and smashed my ribs into the cockpit rim.
Wow, I thought the side pads would be redundant with a PFD, but I guess they are lower. Does the padding wrap around the back? I actually know two guys who have had ribs broken by getting speared by other kayaks (hitting under the bottom edge of the PFD).

Looks like the Clymb only has XS and S left in that padded shirt. Shoot, those went quick. Thanks for the heads up on the Nike.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #7

Beaverton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchbill View Post
Wow, I thought the side pads would be redundant with a PFD, but I guess they are lower. Does the padding wrap around the back? I actually know two guys who have had ribs broken by getting speared by other kayaks (hitting under the bottom edge of the PFD).
The rib pads extend below where my Astral Green ends by another 2-3". I can't ding Astral for where they ended the sides on that jacket - any lower and you would run into mobility issues. On the back, there is that little patch that covers your spine. I should also mention that the shoulder pad is really nice when carrying your boat.