66" NRS frame measurements - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-31-2012   #1

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
66" NRS frame measurements

Hey anyone out there have a 66" NRS frame, I need to know the bar length not including the Lo-pro fittings. So just the bar length end to end. My guestimate is 62", but I never trust my guestimates...

TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012   #2

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Just checked mine for you. Mine came in at 62... Ish. According to the tape measure i found on my porch it was 1/16th shy, but that would just be wierd.
Old 01-31-2012   #3

Tigard, Oregon
Thanks for measuring that, I think I could take the cut being off my 1/16". Time to order my AAA Footbar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012   #4

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I got 62 inches also. I sure love my AAA footbar. I had them customize the angle, width, and depth of mine. It's perfect, and now I'm not wasting space with the NRS footbar.
KJ
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #5

Tigard, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
I got 62 inches also. I sure love my AAA footbar. I had them customize the angle, width, and depth of mine. It's perfect, and now I'm not wasting space with the NRS footbar.
KJ
How wide did you go? I'm going to drill the fitting holes here so I can play with the angle once I have it in hand.
Old 01-31-2012   #6

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Thats the main reason i like my nrs pro bar. Played with the angle alot as opposed to drilling & hoping i got it right.

Those aaa do look nice tho
Old 01-31-2012   #7

Tigard, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMedic View Post
Thats the main reason i like my nrs pro bar. Played with the angle alot as opposed to drilling & hoping i got it right.

Those aaa do look nice tho
I thought about drilling in two holes so I could adjust the angle so there is a position comfortable for me and for my girlfriend. I already use a lynch pin to home my NRS footbar in place, so I figured it would be easy enough to change on the fly.
Old 01-31-2012   #8

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Save some coin and build one! I built a simple T-bar from two lopros, some extra tubing and grip-tape I had around. Plenty tough and lite, plus serves the same purpose.
clinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
you might consider using the speedrail fittings that come with the AAA footbar. I used those on my AAA bar on my larger NRS fishing frame (that has lo-pros everywhere else) then you can adjust to where you like it and use the set screws to tighten it, and pin it later. its not very easy to drill an NRS fitting, while a Speedrail is very easy (you don't have to drill through the solid chunk of NRS lo-pro)

Plus if you want to go back to a lo pro, since the speedrail tube length is longer then needed for a Lo-pro, you can cut the tube down easily to fit NRS.
Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #10

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBri1 View Post
How wide did you go? I'm going to drill the fitting holes here so I can play with the angle once I have it in hand.
I'll try to get you a measurement on my footbar. I can't remember if I changed the standard width of the foot loop, but I know I made the depth shorter to accommodate my rower area floor. I angled the bar towards me, a 35% angle I think??? Drilling two holes in the bar for adjustment should work, as long as the holes aren't too close together that it might affect the tubing strength. I would run that idea past Mark at AAA first.
KJ
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote