$100 toilet seat? - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-17-2009   #1
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
$100 toilet seat?

well since we are on the topic of groovers.

I can see paying for the tank but $100 for a plastic toilet seat? ECO-Safe Toilet Seat Assembly

now that is what I call a load of crap.

There must be a way to take a $15 home depot toilet seat and rig a funnel to go into the tank. any ideas?

REally expensive Seat

Spare Tank

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009   #2

mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Check it out, for that price you can almost buy the entire Coyote system (and you don't have to spend the extra dough on an ammo can). It is less tippy and it doesn't have those ledges before the hole that tend to catch "stuff".
Camp Gear Toilet Systems | 4CORNERS RIVERSPORTS
caseybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #3

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Perfect Christmas topic

A few years ago a close friend asked me what to get a best man in his wedding who was a kayaker. Man I am slow to the punch line. Groover is the perfect gift!!
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009   #4

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybailey View Post
Check it out, for that price you can almost buy the entire Coyote system (and you don't have to spend the extra dough on an ammo can). It is less tippy and it doesn't have those ledges before the hole that tend to catch "stuff".
Camp Gear Toilet Systems | 4CORNERS RIVERSPORTS
The Coyote system looks very cool. Does anyone know for certain that this gets the "universal" thumbs up from the river cops?
Old 12-17-2009   #5

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
Yeah,but will it pinch my wiener??
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #6
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
I have used the coyotes and they are adequate but I had a recommendation for the eco safe since the tank fits in an ammo can and you have double smell protection. just looking for a cheaper seat for it.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #7

mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riparian View Post
The Coyote system looks very cool. Does anyone know for certain that this gets the "universal" thumbs up from the river cops?
So far it's made it down the following runs w/ no problem from rangers.
Salt
Cataract
Westwater
Deso
Flaming Gorge
Ladore
Yampa
caseybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I think that is a misprint on their website. We sell the seat for $49.95 and unless something has changed drasticaly since we last bought them, I bet NRS's does as well.

Zach
DRE
www.downriverequip.com
zboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
As an owner of the eco, I really wish i had gone with Coyote. I hate rocket boxes, and you can never really get the rocket clean and stay clean. No mater how clean you get that rocket box, when you open it a week or two later it still has a mild funk.

The coyotes are plenty strong, and you don't need a whole other rocket box just for the seat. That is really the big down of eco safe is the size of the seat.

I guess coyotes might get nasty if you needed tomax them out as there is no lift to the seat i saw.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009   #10

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
I do use toilet seats from Home Depot. I screw 2x2's onto the seats to fit the out side edges of 20mm amo can's (than forever called a rocket box, after the first use) but I use only the amo box without a liner. After I empty and spray them out at the RV dump I always leave the lids off so they dry out and do not put them back on till the next trip, also put vasoline jelly on the rubber seals of the lids so they do not dry out. I have the same, five or six rocket boxes that I have used for the past twelve years or so and three toilet seats, at a cost of about 100$ dollars. I also use the five gallon paint bucket system with regular Home Depot type toilet seats on them, I built them for free.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote