05 Jefe Seat Replacement Options - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-08-2016   #1

Reno, Nevada
Paddling Since: 2015
05 Jefe Seat Replacement Options

Hey all,

I had a BEATER line today resulting in a rough piton that thoroughly cracked my Jefe's seat... I'm worried about paddling real whitewater with this boat in case I got in a pin situation with the flimsy cracked seat.
I have a 2005 Jefe (time for an upgrade, I know) with the outfitting that came before the "BadAss" outfitting, and I believe the seat dimensions are more or less the same as current. Does anyone have any advice on what year/brand seats I can modify to fit my Jefe? And on that note, does anyone have a broken jefe or remix that will sell me just the seat?

Thanks a ton,

-Garrett

GarrettS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2016   #2

Reno, Nevada
05 Jefe Seat Replacement Options

[I'm reposting this because I'm honestly not sure where to post things in this forum.]

Hey all,

I had a BEATER line today resulting in a rough piton that thoroughly cracked my Jefe's seat... I'm worried about paddling real whitewater with this boat in case I got in a pin situation with the flimsy cracked seat.
I have a 2005 Jefe (time for an upgrade, I know) with the outfitting that came before the "BadAss" outfitting, and I believe the seat dimensions are more or less the same as current. Does anyone have any advice on what year/brand seats I can modify to fit my Jefe? And on that note, does anyone have a broken jefe or remix that will sell me just the seat?

Thanks a ton,

-Garrett
Old 01-09-2016   #3

Grand Junction, Colorado
well there is always goin the used option but do you really wana risk it I doubt there is after market seats and such but who knows Id just start saving up and buy a good used one.
flipper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2016   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Call LL.

They have great customer service. The other thing I'd do is see if any local dealers have an old one out for display.
FallingH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016   #5

Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
Paddling Since: 2012
Convert the Jefe to a C1 and start looking for a newer version

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Dman987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016   #6

Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
Paddling Since: 2012
Seriously though, some shops have graveyards of oldish boat parts. You might just have to dig thru a dealers old parts bin. It would be old enough they wouldn't charge much for it. I picked up an old dagger seat for $10 once.

Dman987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016   #7

Reno, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingH20 View Post
They have great customer service. The other thing I'd do is see if any local dealers have an old one out for display.
My plan is to give them a call tomorrow and see what kind compatibility options there are within their own line boats over the years. They have a seat kit but unfortunately it's outrageously priced at upwards of 300 dollars and comes with plenty of fluff that i don't need. I'll give one of the local stores a call as well. They actually have an old LL boat sitting outside as a sort of "display", but I don't know if it even has a seat anymore.
Old 01-11-2016   #8

Reno, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman987 View Post
Seriously though, some shops have graveyards of oldish boat parts. You might just have to dig thru a dealers old parts bin. It would be old enough they wouldn't charge much for it. I picked up an old dagger seat for $10 once.

Good advice, I'm planning on making some calls but all the local shops are closed most days during this part of the year.
Old 01-11-2016   #9

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I combined the 2 existing threads into this one...

Good luck with your seat.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016   #10
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Have you tried boof.com? Seems like you're more likely to find someone near Reno with spare parts. I've heard of people doing stuff like retrofitting Prijons with Dagger seats. Though I've never tried it myself, I've taken in and out lots of seats and suspect you could get most any similar seat in there with a little work.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote