The Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir offers some of the best fishing in the West. But despite the importance of the Green River to anglers and the local economy, a speculative water project proposed by developer Aaron Million could remove 81 billion gallons of water a year from the Green River, sending it instead to Colorado’s Front Range through 560 miles of pipes and ditches. Like many ill-conceived water projects popping up across the West, the Million Pipeline is expensive (more than $7 billion), unnecessary, and will cause irreversible damage to one of the West’s great rivers and our region's sporting heritage.
To submit your comments by the December 16th deadline, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.ferc.gov
2. Click on the 'Documents and Filings' menu tab on the homepage
3. Click on the eComments tab
4. Fill in the required information and you will receive an official form to file your comments online
5. Include on the docket # P-14263 for the Flaming Gorge Pipeline project
6. Submit your comment before the December 16th deadline
The time you lend to this fight today can help ensure the Green's world-class trout fishery will be there for tomorrow. Thank you for your help.