Selway access and runoff - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #21

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGSpin View Post
I have yet to see any written guidelines saying how to self-Isolate. I believe the intention is that you, and whomever you are with, that are coming into a different state, must isolate yourself from the local residents, for 14 days. If I drove 1 mile over the boarder of Idaho and stayed in the woods for 14 days - I would meet the requirements, assuming I did not interact with the locals. So what is the difference between one mile past the boarder and 100 - not much from the point of isolation. And what is the difference of isolating in the woods or the river - not much - as long as you don't interact with the locals. And obviously, the main problem would be filling up on gas, but I still think that can be achieved safely.

The self-isolation rule is not what is stopping our group from doing the 3 trips we had in Idaho (Selway, MFS, Main - and yes all back to back - dang), but more so the rule that only essential travel is allowed. And as noted in previous posts that recreation is not considered essential.

So for anyone having trips in May - you pretty much are confined to your state. And even then, what if you live in a boarder town - then what?

The bottom line to this whole exercise is to not infect others or be infected yourself. Stay healthy and stay out of the hospitals. This virus is not going away as we change from stage 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. But instead, we have to learn how to interact with other people safely. And that is a learning process for all of us.
Why are you so keen to split hairs? MT and Idaho have set their rules.

You still can't even legally recreate most places in your own state.

MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
[QUOTE=salmo7000;771741]At the end of May, there is no way to get to Paradise (by driving anyway!) other than going in from the Montana side. Not sure how it would work with self-quarantining in Montana for 14 days, then going to Idaho and launching that day or the next day.

Just to clear up one point of confusion, Travelers passing through Montana on the way to Idaho don't have to quarantine. See below for the official Montana website. As far a quarantine in Idaho, that is scheduled to end May 29 - unless extended by State directive.

Do travelers coming into Montana need to self-quarantine?
Yes. On March 30, Governor Bullock issued a directive that states: "Any person coming to Montana from another state or country for a non-work-related purpose must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. If a person will be present in Montana for fewer than 14 days, that person must self-quarantine for the duration of the visit."
Any person who has already arrived in Montana from another state or country for a non-work-related purpose before the date of this Directive must immediately self-quarantine for the remainder of a 14-day period beginning on the date of their arrival in Montana, or until their departure from Montana—whichever is sooner.
The directive applies to both Montana residents and non-residents.
These quarantine restrictions do not apply in the following circumstances:
1. to persons traveling through Montana en route to another destination; or
2. to public health, public safety, or healthcare workers
Read the full directive here: Quarantine for Travelers (pdf)
Note that on April 22, the governor extended the mandatory quarantine directive until further notice. (Specifically, the mandatory quarantine directive is extended through the end of the emergency, unless modified by subsequent directive.)
jgrebe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
bump
jgrebe is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
access