Rope in Numbers below #5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-27-2014   #1

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Rope in Numbers below #5

Crosspost from lost and found: There's a rope in The Numbers below #5.

Please be considerate and make sure you get Opes rope back to him.

Sorry about the sarcasm, but it pisses me off when people post these in "lost and found".

Losing a rope in the water is a BIG DEAL. You should spend the rest of your day and maybe the next looking for the entrapment hazard you put in the river. Then post at the put in and here in "safety alerts".

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...5-a-53136.html

teletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014   #2

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Maybe the rope is neatly stuffed and closed, having only washed out of the abandoned boat during the swim?
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Keep your fucking rope carabinered in your boat. If I find a lost rope in the river and it has a name on it I will personally dot your eye. Be safe, educated and have your shit in order before you drop in.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014   #4

Kansas City, Missouri
Paddling Since: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
Keep your fucking rope carabinered in your boat. If I find a lost rope in the river and it has a name on it I will personally dot your eye. Be safe, educated and have your shit in order before you drop in.
It was clipped on the Pilar of my boat as well as the factory pyrahna strap and clip around it . Took a long swim and it was gone. It was neatly stuffed in bag, not deployed. I called the park service and told them about my swim and lost rope. Sorry for confusion. I would have not left the river if I had any idea where it may have ended up or it was deployed.
Opes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Don't hook your rope to a pilar.... Is that a solid piece of your boat? No, they come out regularly when people swim.... I will try to not be a dick anymore, but I am on the Ark several days a week and will be beyond pissed if your stupidity puts myself or one of my friends in danger. Please learn from this experience and DO NOT REPEAT IT.
Old 05-27-2014   #6

Kansas City, Missouri
Paddling Since: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
Don't hook your rope to a pilar.... Is that a solid piece of your boat? No, they come out regularly when people swim.... I will try to not be a dick anymore, but I am on the Ark several days a week and will be beyond pissed if your stupidity puts myself or one of my friends in danger. Please learn from this experience and DO NOT REPEAT IT.
I hear you man. Not trying to leave hazards for anyone. I learned several valuable lessons before, during, and after my beat down. I hope it is found safely still in the bag. I understand your frustration, especially with no explanation in my original post.

SYOTR
Opes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014   #7

Basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Come on Logan. Yes it sucks that this dude lost his rope. for all of us on the Ark. But it sounds like Opes did everything he could after it was lost and made legit efforts to keep it in his boat in the first place. I mean lets be honest how many people take the extra effort to call the river rangers. Water is getting big right now and when you are running the harder stuff at that level shit happens sometimes.
Old 05-27-2014   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by one legged wonder View Post
Come on Logan. Yes it sucks that this dude lost his rope. for all of us on the Ark. But it sounds like Opes did everything he could after it was lost and made legit efforts to keep it in his boat in the first place. I mean lets be honest how many people take the extra effort to call the river rangers. Water is getting big right now and when you are running the harder stuff at that level shit happens sometimes.
I'm surprised to hear you say that Heidi. I do stay in pretty constant contact with the AHRA regarding hazards because they have always been fantastic about removing them, and I hope everyone else does too...and they are there to do so because the Ark sees so much traffic, its not a creek, its a state park and something like half a million people go down Browns alone, lots of kids, and lots of people who boat it at a variety of flows. I am being hard on the OP, but I hope some other boaters also read this and think "shit, its a high water year, maybe I should learn how to actually handle/secure my rope properly"...
Old 05-27-2014   #9

Basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I hope your right man, Cause ya lost ropes in the river are scary and should be dealt with. Maybe people will read this and think that. But you know i also seeing people reading both of these threads and it scarring them off from posting about lost hazards. Nobody likes to be kicked when they're down and already know that they seriously F****D up.
Old 05-27-2014   #10

Buena Vista, Colorado
I see your point.