River Access Bill could shut down private boaters

https://rrfw.org/node/886?fbclid=IwA...RoQ_yww_9Q6a7Q

DonWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Yea fuck Bob Bishop, he is the single biggest threat that our public lands face. He is bought by whoever pays the most.

And f*?! that legislation. Pardon my French but this is seriously messed up.

Time to act! Call your senator, call your representative, write in, comment, do everything and anything. Our lands are at stake!

Thanks for the heads up on this Don, good on you to catch this.
powrider686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Never enough free time

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1998
Someone check my read on this, but the basic gist is that the bills would give more of the limited number of available user days to commercials. Specifically, 75% commercial and 25% private.

Anyone know what the current break down is?
MontanaLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Yeah I'm not sure what to make of this line:
Two bills in the House would allow unlimited special use permits for outfitting, guiding, recreational and competitive events, including guided fishing and hunting, both motorized and nonmotorized, and include areas that are already allocated with previously established ceilings of use.

So if I'm an Outiftter on the MFS I could just launch whenever I want?
Riverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Where is Tom?

I know that this site has it's drawbacks, but I just hate trying to have a real discussion about something on facebook.

So, I'm happy to read some dry, technical writing on an issue that I care about, but I just have a hard time reading a bill or law and understanding what is really being said. Currently, it seems like River Runners for Wilderness is, no pun intended, the lone voice in the wilderness in opposition to these bills. A host of maybe outfitter associated groups or groups I am not familiar with support them, but also American Whitewater and a few biking and climbing groups that seem legit have voiced strong support.

As of right now, I need to educate myself a little more and try to digest what is really in these bills before I make up my mind.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
God what a convoluted pile of shit.

I don’t speak weasel word, but I have read through a few proposed bills over the years, wow.
They out did even themselves.

Emailing Congress with my public opinion on this one, emailing friends, and harassing my rep.

Thanks for letting us know Don.
It’s like a never ending battle with these creeps.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
There is a ton of really, really bad stuff in the process of currently being approved by our government. Hopefully this "proposed" legislation raises enough red flags that it doesn't go anywhere.... but you all need to be paying attention to management plans that are being approved and for the most part, flying under the radar. Grand-Staicase/Escalante is a big one right now, and for southern Colorado so is the Eastern Colorado Resource Management Plan. The fed's draft of the Browns Canyon Management Plan is slated to be released October 11th.....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Loved to death.

The elephant in the living room is logarithmic population growth. That has gotten beyond control of any group of people. All solutions are just temporary.

It's funny that plans are always just based on today's needs. Never looking to the future. Just kicking the can down the road. Like buying cheap tires every year, then 10 years have gone by.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Does anyone have a list of Senator and Congressmen's actual e-mail addresses, not the forms from their Congressional Websites?
John_in_Loveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Eagle, Colorado
https://www.contactingcongress.org/

This may be a format to try:

https://cqrcengage.com/fcnl/stafflookup
Nubie Jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access