Respect For the Passed - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-31-2014   #1

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Respect For the Passed

An 11 year old girl was swept down Boulder Creek after a car accident today and did not make it. Please, do not paddle Boulder Creek for at least a few days out of respect for the deceased.

bongsandboofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014   #2
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
No offense but how is not paddling respect for someone who died after a car accident and has no affiliation with white water? I see death a lot at work, and can't see the correlation between paddling and a horrible accident.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #3

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
this should be a nice train wreck.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014   #4
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i understand your desire to give respects but the method you suggest isn't really suitable. the high flows that we all enjoy and wait the whole year flow happen do not happen all the time, so there is an urgency to enjoy them while they last.

when someone does on C470 are we not supposed to drive for a few days after to show respect? if someone has a heart attack at our work are we just not supposed to show up for a few days?

again, not trying to be a jerk for someone losing their life. it's a terrible event and i wish nothing but utter condolences to the family. just saying your suggestion isn't really the best way to handle the situation.
Old 05-31-2014   #5

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Has anybody asked the family what they feel is respect? Before we al start playing god.
kayaked56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #6

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
This seems like maybe it's a troll in really poor taste. The facts aren't correct, she was 13. Girl dies after truck crashes into Boulder Creek

And bongsandboofs... and it's a first post. Idk maybe it just looks strange.

RIP
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #7

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Not a troll, being one of the first responders to the scene it was heart breaking to see the family stranded on the rocks while the fire department rescued them after trying to chase down their daughter and not being able to find her. This was merely a suggestion, you don't have to take my advice, but I think it would be nice if the family would not have to see people smiling on the river that took their daughter, at least for a few days.
bongsandboofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #8
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongsandboofs View Post
Not a troll, being one of the first responders to the scene it was heart breaking to see the family stranded on the rocks while the fire department rescued them after trying to chase down their daughter and not being able to find her. This was merely a suggestion, you don't have to take my advice, but I think it would be nice if the family would not have to see people smiling on the river that took their daughter, at least for a few days.
I understand your sentiment and applaud your idea but the truth is there will be people recreating up and down the bike path and all around the river. The group of people you're reaching out to is a drop of water in that river. Also, families sometimes take solace in seeing people enjoying life to its fullest after losing a loved one. As someone who works around death, and recently experienced a death in my immediate family, death is hard but it's a fact of life and something everyone deals with differently. The best thing you can do is be supportive.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014   #9
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Thats like saying dont go down that stretch of road because someone died in an accident yesterday.