I'm calling bull shit - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-31-2017   #1

Bellvue, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm calling bull shit

this is a copy paste from the classified section of mountain buzz.

Asking Price Shipping Amount Condition Distance from you
Best Offer None No Zip Code
Position Description: Any structural engineers out there seeking a rewarding job with travel, working at heights and field inspection work? Contact us at to discuss more. We are seeking quality structural engineers to travel the US to perform inspections of existing structures at industrial facilities.

Looks Like a scam, if you ask me

39571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2017   #2
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The description does not appear to have any relevance to the white water industry.
Does look fishy.
Old 04-01-2017   #3

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2015
That same message has been posted on mountainproject.com. it makes much more sense there.
RocksNSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2017   #4

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
It may make more sense at MtProject than here, but I don't think it seems like a scam.

We have a community with a lot of rope and safety experience, a fair number of us are/have been climbers, and as far as I can tell, boaters tend to be pretty well educated (I've known lots of engineers, physicists, geologists, phDs, MDs, etc as raft guides.) so I don't think he's too off base posting here.
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #5
fat guy in a little boat

FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
yo dude if you're looking for a job you could come work for me!
get paid in penis..... or was it peanuts

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017   #6

Bellvue, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
yo dude if you're looking for a job you could come work for me!
get paid in penis..... or was it peanuts
Son, you ain't got enough penis to pay a two dollar whore. haha!
Old 04-02-2017   #7

Bellvue, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by climbdenali View Post
It may make more sense at MtProject than here, but I don't think it seems like a scam.

We have a community with a lot of rope and safety experience, a fair number of us are/have been climbers, and as far as I can tell, boaters tend to be pretty well educated (I've known lots of engineers, physicists, geologists, phDs, MDs, etc as raft guides.) so I don't think he's too off base posting here.
My only real issue with the post is that there is no info. No company name, nothing more than some bait.
Old 04-02-2017   #8

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Just about anything on the Buzz can be reported to the moderation team along with whatever complaint you want to make. For ads, click on the "Product Options" link, then a drop down menu will appear. Then you can report the ad if you think it's a scam or that something's fishy about it.

Another thing you can do is to contact the poster directly. You can select the text of the user's name, then go to your private messages console and send them a message asking for more details on what's being offered.

And if it's a post in a thread on the Buzz that put ants in your pants, you can report it to the moderation team just by clicking the little red and white triangle under the poster's name with a little "!" in it.

That said, as others have pointed out, there are lots of adrenaline junkies on the Buzz and possibly even a few who would be primed for climbing tall structures and doing engineering inspections. Hell, when I was 18 I got my kicks (and saved up for school) painting oil rigs out in the Gulf. One helluva jungle gym...

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017   #9

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Me Engineer, Me Climb. Contacted the poster and got some info back. Seems legit.

Structural Silo Inspections (SSI)
k2sepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017   #10

Pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 08
Lol
Kylerberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote